X5 Problems with theWindows Surface pen

Jukers

I'm running Premier X5 on a Windows Surface Pro so that I can draw floorplans in the field.  The pen only works if I start horizontally?!?!?  In every other program on the computer, ie browser, sketch pad, adobe, the vertical works just fine.  I am only having this issue with X5.

This is frustrating in the field and taking too much time.  Chief Architect wants to charge me $125 to help..... I don't think so.  Has anyone else had problems like this?  Any tips, tricks or suggestions?

All those other apps you mention have surely been programed with Windows Surface Pro pen in mind - that is a huge difference compared to X5 which wasn't even contemplated for that type of use.  I hope you aren't thinking this is Chief's fault.

1st thing i would do is reinstall both Chief and then the driver for the pen.  I've had way over 50% of every computer issue been solved that way.

I'm not surprised either , X5 was not meant to be used with Pressure Sensitive Pens or Touch Screens , I have not tried either with my Surface3 , I have X7 on it and use the Logitech MX-2 Mouse ( Bluetooth or Wifi ) with it when needed.

M.

Well I tried the whole removal and redownload and nothing changed.  It was working great for a couple months but.... now its just plain annoying.  I agree that I am using out dated software with the new computer.  I may just have to live with issues.