Sloped Ceiling / Floor at stair ??

ACADuser

1 hour ago, ACADuser said:

I have this condition time after time.

Is there a method that will handle this condition?

Remove the ceiling portion while still having a floor under the foot of the stair.

CA Stair Ceiling.JPG

I see you have 2x6 or 2x8 there already so I assume you mean automatically make the Sloped Ceiling fill in? no way that I am aware of but thinking about it now I wonder if you made that short piece of 2x8 floor Floor a Landing instead the Stairs would handle things differently? ....haven't tried it... but I don't think the Auto slope section will happen unless you trick it somehow.

M.

I'm trying to cut the pointy floor off so it looks like it will be built.

At this point I tried the sloped ceiling plane but the pointy thing persists.

I circled what looks like part of the ceiling plain.

Guess I can blank it out with a poly object for section views but no help with camera views.

CA Stair Ceiling 2.JPG

The trouble with the workarounds is when they come back to you and ask the stair 2 & 3 be pushed forward 3 inches.

If you use some tricky landings and such the editing can be tedious.

Just wish ceiling plane would cut the floor envelope.

I'd send to Tech support but don't want to be called (inferred) an idiot twice in one week.

One thing I learned a long time ago was that everything will not be exact in 2d and 3d, so just don't show that particular 3d view, you have already covered it with 2d and possibly a cad detail.. I actually don't show everything in 3d ,only what clients want to see like exterior and interior views, framing 3d is something I never show, for exactly that reason. Cover it with a cad detail if you must. Sections are really just for a general idea and good for ceiling heights, roof heights ,etc.

I'd rather see the 1st step sitting on the Landing myself but in this case it looks like the Headroom is a limiting factor, another way to do it is to make the 1st Riser FULL depth of the plumb line and use Construction Screws or Bolts thru the 2x8s and Ply , I am not a great Fan of Hangers on Stringers due to the wood splitting , so tend to use 3/4" ply top and bottom to hang stairs.

I suppose you could run the plywood under the stringers if the headroom were not an issue.

In place of the clips you could use a Simpson H16.

Have you been using the SDWC screws from Simpson? Cost 60 cent to 1$ each but fast to install and quite strong.

https://www.strongtie.com/strongdrive_interiorwoodscrews/sdwc_screw/p/strong-drive-sdwc-truss-screw

Off to dinner, catch you later.

I use GRK Structural Screws usually , just easier to get , but also use the Simpson if a raise head isn't desired ,,,eg on exterior wok/landscape ties etc.

....Larger head than those ones you linked and are a 1 to 1 match for Lagbolts in most situations and take way less to install --- time and skill wise..

https://www.grkfasteners.com/products/structural/rss

similar to

https://www.strongtie.com/strongdrive_exteriorwoodscrews/sdws-db_screw/p/strong-drive-sdws-timber-screw

M