Linear Fireplace Symbol

Joe_Carrick

Attached is a Linear Fireplace Symbol that automatically inserts into a wall (requires Chief version X10).  I used the Napoleon LDH62 model and set the bottom to +32".  Once inserted, it can be repositioned and/or resized as needed.  If you want to change the manufacturer or model number you can do that in the OIP (Object Information Panel)

This particular fireplace is 62" wide x 18" tall x 22" deep.  If resized, the frame will not stretch, only the overall size.

Linear Fireplace - Napoleon LHD62.calibz

Linear Fireplace.JPG

• Upvote 2

One thing to be aware of:

• The actual fireplaces are actually bigger in length and height than these symbols.  I had to limit the symbols to the "frame" so that the hole in the wall would be properly sized.  The new "Inserts in Wall" feature in X10 doesn't provide for the hole to be different than the width and height of the symbol.  This is something that CA should provide so the symbols could be more accurate, accounting for the real size of an object.

On 2/15/2018 at 11:08 AM, Joe_Carrick said:

One thing to be aware of:

• The actual fireplaces are actually bigger in length and height than these symbols.  I had to limit the symbols to the "frame" so that the hole in the wall would be properly sized.  The new "Inserts in Wall" feature in X10 doesn't provide for the hole to be different than the width and height of the symbol.  This is something that CA should provide so the symbols could be more accurate, accounting for the real size of an object.

The new ability to insert symbols into walls comes with a "Wall Cutout Polyline" for those symbols which should give you exactly what you are looking for.  A little off subject, but I posted a tip regarding that new feature here...

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

The new ability to insert symbols into walls comes with a "Wall Cutout Polyline" for those symbols which should give you exactly what you are looking for.  A little off subject, but I posted a tip regarding that new feature here...

Michael,

How do you access this "Wall Cutout Polyline" to edit its shape?  I've found no way to do that.  The only way I've found to change the cutout size is to change the size of the Bounding Box but that doesn't change the shape.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Michael,

How do you access this "Wall Cutout Polyline" to edit its shape?  I've found no way to do that.  The only way I've found to change the cutout size is to change the size of the Bounding Box but that doesn't change the shape.

You have to select the object in 3D in order for that particular edit tool to become available.  

1 hour ago, dshall said:

Great Stuff Joe,  thank you very much.

BTW,  I had to again drag and drop into a X10 plan.  If I tried to  open it from by download folder,  the computer opened X9.

Weird behavior,  I am on a mac

X10 is not updating the File Associations when upgrading from X9 , at least I have seen a number of reports now and explains why th eLibraries I posted didn't import properly into X10 either I believe.

I posted a fix for Windows Users , perhaps you can add a Link for Mac Users to this Thread too ?