X10 3D Camera Backdrop no workinging

mrscott

All,

I updated last night to  Final Release 20.1.0.43x64 and opened a the plan I was working prior in the previous beta release. First thing I had to do was change the default PBR to Standard Camera Full Perspective Camera. Selected a Sky file backdrop image from the Lib. The Sky Backdrop selected does not display in actual camera view only color to use if no backdrop is selected. The backdrop displays in the Camera Settings DBX by not in the actual Camera view. Are others having this issue?

3D Cam DBX.JPG

3D Cam DBX1.JPG

1 hour ago, mrscott said:

All,

I updated last night to  Final Release 20.1.0.43x64 and opened a the plan I was working prior in the previous beta release. First thing I had to do was change the default PBR to Standard Camera Full Perspective Camera. Selected a Sky file backdrop image from the Lib. The Sky Backdrop selected does not display in actual camera view only color to use if no backdrop is selected. The backdrop displays in the Camera Settings DBX by not in the actual Camera view. Are others having this issue?

3D Cam DBX.JPG

3D Cam DBX1.JPG

Works here. Did you update your calalogs? only thing I can think of.

Standard.PNG

pbr.PNG

1 minute ago, MarkMc said:

Works here. Did you update your calalogs? only thing I can think of.

Standard.PNG

pbr.PNG

No I did no but out of shear and total Frustration with Chief I did a system restore. I am not update until my SSA expires in April. I would be bet you lunch they will have another update before then.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BrianBeck said:

See attached image. Make sure use backdrop is checked for the rendering technique you're using.

Untitled.png

Thanks Brian.

Tell me...is there a "single PBR feature document" that explains how to configure the lighting and Camera settings so one can achieve the optimum PBR results?  I know there are many ways but even one exterior night shot and one or two interior examples would get the majority of us headed down the correct path. Until I see something from Chief I have turned all the PBR stuff off, and if someone /clients ask I just tell them it's not ready yet. Why? Because I simply do not have the time or patience for this trial and error )*(&^!.

Even with all the wonderful users here offering assistance. IMHO, Ray Tracing and now PBR, are far more difficult to use and configure that they should be. Maybe some of master them well more power to them. I see a lot Grand Standing and boasting but the real talent has shared their real-world methods but where is the developer? I have two killer systems that are screaming fast so even the slow Ray Trace Engine is bearable.I know there are help files and some marketing videos but how about a SINGLE direct set of examples?

Honestly, for me the enjoyment of using and promoting Chief (especially after the past few months) has all but run it's course. Some days I feel using Chief is akin to being a kid at an Easter Egg Hunt. We're told the eggs out just go find them. We're shown pretty pictures and told about all the cool features but not one complete instructional example that will demonstrate the how and why to set things up. 

Sure, I should have check the Render Technique Options but again, I have been chasing my tail these past few months trying assess "is it something I am doing or not doing cause me pain or is it a bug?" that I have all but given up. I've been using Chief Premier everyday for the last two years, and according to some of my user friends here on this forum have pointed out, I know a lot more about it that many so I am no NEWBIE....I need a fresh start....