Wireless Mouse Issue - RESOLVED

JMarkey

This is not a Chief problem and I should have GOOGLED this problem before posting here.  I later found that this problem not only existed in Chief, but also was happening in Excel and other programs.  What was happening was the mouse left click button was making intermittent contact and/or creating a double bounce.   

It turns out to be a pure mechanical problem with the mouse left click switch.  For those of you interested here is the URL that helped me.  http://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-mouse-with-double-click-problem/   Note there are a number of posts in the link which describe frustration and failure and after working with the small switch and the spring contact mechanism.  My solution was a bit more delicate in that I opened the case on the switch by carefully using the tip of an Exacto knife blade to pry the side hold downs lose.  Then I DIDN'T remove the copper spring/contact.  What I did was slide the Exacto knife blade in between the contact points several times.  Note this has to be done very carefully as you could easily knock the spring contact out of the switch!!  This in effect burnished the contacts and removed any oxidation on the contacts.  It now works like new and saved me from buying a new mouse.

ORIGINAL POST.....

All of the sudden my Logitech M210 wireless mouse has started doing weird things.  When I try to zoom into a specific area on an X9 Premier drawing, it starts to show the capture area box and then on its own stops as if I've released the left mouse button and zooms in, doesn't capture all the area I needed and is typically looks as if I've zoomed to a very small area.  All other activity with the mouse appear to work normally... only when trying to zoom does it weird out.

I've changed the battery, cleaned all the mouse parts and no change.  Are there any other things someone might suggest. (Yeah I know...replace the mouse).  Note: another hardwired mouse works fine.  I'm hoping there is something else that I could check out.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Edited by JMarkey
Updated with solution

• 6 months later...