New Core Library Content available

Kbird1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just doing my Weekly Catalog Check , since I know CA is regularly Updating Catalogs with new Material for PBR and Raytracings but although CA does the Whole Update process, and then downloads the Armstrong Library , the Process fails at 99%  and I get an Error that I have limitied Internet connectivity or a Firewall issue and there has been an error.

I just downloaded a 3.6GB file from FutureMark . so I don't think the issue is my internet connectivity , and email and the Forum is working Fine , so I am just wondering if anyone else is seeing the Error?

PS i did try multiple times and restarted CA as well.....

thx. M.

Just forced an update, no issue, but then no real update.  Interestingly, my ArmstrongFlooring.calib (non SSA) is dated July 2017.  My last updated library was CoreMEP.calib on April 2nd.

12 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Just doing my Weekly Catalog Check , since I know CA is regularly Updating Catalogs with new Material for PBR and Raytracings but although CA does the Whole Update process, and then downloads the Armstrong Library , the Process fails at 99%  and I get an Error that I have limitied Internet connectivity or a Firewall issue and there has been an error.

I just downloaded a 3.6GB file from FutureMark . so I don't think the issue is my internet connectivity , and email and the Forum is working Fine , so I am just wondering if anyone else is seeing the Error?

PS i did try multiple times and restarted CA as well.....

thx. M.

I also encountered this error early in the week when updating libraries.

In my case, the issue turned out to be the fact that I was using a RAM drive as the temporary drive.  I temporarily (no pun intended) switched the temp drive to a physical drive, re-ran the update, and it downloaded fine.  Then switched back to the RAM drive as a temp folder.  

Not sure why this would be an issue, but I ran into it twice during the week, and swapping the temp drive fixed it both times, so at least it was consistent.  The ram drive had 11gb of free space, so that wasn't the issue.

Roland

6 hours ago, RolandF said:

I also encountered this error early in the week when updating libraries.

In my case, the issue turned out to be the fact that I was using a RAM drive as the temporary drive.  I temporarily (no pun intended) switched the temp drive to a physical drive, re-ran the update, and it downloaded fine.  Then switched back to the RAM drive as a temp folder.  

Not sure why this would be an issue, but I ran into it twice during the week, and swapping the temp drive fixed it both times, so at least it was consistent.  The ram drive had 11gb of free space, so that wasn't the issue.

Roland

Thanks for the Reply Roland , I will try that too as I just setup a 2GB RamDrive after seeing a Post here on the Forums last week , and had not noticed any issues with it's use so far, but wasn't sure if the Library slowness opening is associated to the Ram Drive or the New CA X10 Update?

Update ****  That was it Roland , so thanks for posting would never of figured that out...****