Cabinet macro (Ruby) for Kitchen Manufacturer

habdou

Hi,

Does anyone know of any resources for making macros for cabinets?

I have a Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer that I use all the time,

I would like to be able to make the labels dynamic to their catalog, and add the catalog to CA

This manufacturer uses 20/20 software for designing and they have their own catalog that works with 20/20.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, habdou said:

Does anyone know of any resources for making macros for cabinets?

Here are 3 - one evo w drawer I started for a rather difficult catalog- it is not finished but works for many things, then "3inch" is needed for that to work, the last one GerryT gave me and shows promise but needs work.

While I did  a lot of work on these Gerry in particular helped, Michael spent a bit of time going over general Ruby stuff with me and Joe Carrick (Yoda) also played along. So I don't really consider these mine. Besides the two for labels need some work yet. I just have not had the time to finish them off.

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I could help you set up something up.  I just charge by the hour for that kind of thing.  If you're interested in discussing further just send me an email.  My email address is down in my signature. 

To get them fixed I strongly suggest working with Michael (or Joe who also was at one point working on something) -BUT either may want to start from scratch.

FWIW

After my take on using these (and I have placed a decent number of orders based on the "evo w drawer" and it's predecessors) is that trying to make a macro to do an entire catalog is not worth the effort.One that does "most" should suffice. I keep about 2 dozen cabinets in my library that I use often and that require and excessive amount of fiddling to make work in a macro. Most of those are also cabinets that would require a bit configuring to the faces and may also involve listing modifications (which I do in the OIP fields)

Then I just design with normal cabinets and use replace from to put those in so that I have a schedule I can use to generate an order.

I have a spot in my calendar to finish off a video about placing an online order from a CA schedule which will get posted (some day :0 but currently I'm working on altering my website to reflect my shift to doing freelance drafting work. So that vid may get bumped out till next week from the looks of it but for an assortment of reasons I have to finish that before the month is out.

Cab macros.zip