X9 Label Quirk & Program Lock-up

BroderickDesign

I have been using X9 for awhile now and have found two problems which may be specific to my install or a setting...

1) I cannot change the label of some items (seems to be locked)

-One of these is cabinets

- Another one of these is Cased Openings

2) The program will lock if I try to close my last window with either an elevation or a 3D view in it. If I close those the floor plan will lock up and I have to shutdown and re-boot program.

-This is workaround-able as I can always leave one open until I am done.

The label problem is a pain and I cannot create custom labels for some items as I cannot open the label tab on an item. It's like it is deactivated for some things,

David, you know full well there is an issue with the 388.xx series Drivers with these exact symptoms....it has been posted here many times , so I am sure you are aware of it , why not just link them to my thread about it..........

Please check this thread @BroderickDesign for a fix if your Nvidia Card is using a 388 Series Driver.... 382.05 and 390.77 work fine for me.

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in please, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.

Anybody ever have an issue with the label tab when you open up an object not work at all...I cannot change the label on a cabinet etc... also my cased opening always is stuck on a label size like 5080 and if I make it smaller the label stays the same...weird quirk in x9 I cannot work around. 

Would thus be related to a GPU card? It would seem weird.

Is there some kind of default label setting that's locking me out of re labeling things etc??

read the thread linked above .... it is a known issue

CA is aware of this Issue but ask T.Support if you wish , they can't fix it either , their fix was my fix , ie roll back to previous Drivers. (382.05 specifically)

I think I saw some also mention issues on Intel GFX Cards but not many... 

Label lock out is the no#1 symptom of this issue..... usually on laptops with the 388 Series of Nvidia Drivers ...if you don't have those then we may have a new issue but as you have provided no extra Information.....I'd only be guessing...

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in please, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.

M.

• 3 months later...

Yes, thanks for the replies. I recently had the problem again as my system did a Dell update and went ahead and updated Nvidia at the same time so I had to roll back again!

It if absolutely the cause, I have found if I stick with Nvidia 382.05 everything works great!

I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 in an Dell XPS-15

Thanks!

Pat

Mick, Thanks for the tip. I wasted a lot of time last week when when rendering seemed to cause freezing and crashes. Having to relabel a several fixtures sent me to the right post to find the solution today.

Liz