Locate anchor bolts

gregtvillage

I use CAD on the foundation plans to do this, because I not only want them appropriately placed near corners, but placed so that butted ends of sills get bolts near their ends.  Call me anal but the builder appreciates it.

How would you specify things to get the program to do it?

I'm not sure it would be that simple for the software to do it Greg. My guess is that it would be complex dbx's that wouldn't save time over doing it manually. I have my own 3d models of anchor bolts of various sizes with nuts and washers and it takes me about 1 minute to place them around a foundation. I think one of the issues would be the different types of sills used in various regions as well as various foundation types and concrete thicknesses. Sometimes sills are cast  in 2x4's to the inside, sometimes to the outside, sometimes anchor bolts are left in the center for a 2x8 sill plate, not to mention larger homes with 10' high basements and high back fill may require 10" wall thicknesses. Not to mention the many different ypes of ICF walls and core widths...

Alaskan Son nailed it.

7 hours ago, gregtvillage said:

I knew what you meant, but my next question is why not?  It seems like it would be so easy to code that in to the door and window.

It's not that hard , there are Bolts in the Library for example you can multiple Copy , they are alread Auto Added tot he ML but at Code quantities , though you can change that in the Walls Component DBX I believe , here is a Post for another User with more info....