Need help with wall-to-roof intersection in 1.5 story home

CBRF23

I'm fighting chief here with the wall/ceiling/roof intersection of a 1.5 story room. I've got a nested gable and Chief just doesn't want to cooperate with me where the forward gable and attic wall of the rearward gable basically bisect this exterior wall.  A picture is worth a thousand words, so see the two below for clarification.

The problem I'm having is that when I drag the interior side of the wall up to meet the ceiling it pulls the exterior side of the wall above the roof plane.  If I drag the exterior of the wall down, it pulls the interior down away from the ceiling and leaves a gap in the wall (or if I pull it down too far chief tries to build an attic wall in the gap and screws everything up).  I tried to split the wall polyline, as you can see in the picture, but Chief seems to just ignore the split. 

Very frustrating and I'm not sure what to do here.  I'm not very experienced with building 1.5 story homes in this program.  I built the first two floors and then did all the roofs with manual planes. I'm working in v X9. Plan is attached. 

Wall fight 1.PNG

Wall fight 2.PNG

Wall Fight.zip