Objects not stopping against walls

RL-inc

Probably on me as usual but I am working with a new plan I just started from a template and none of the objects I am placing are stopping at walls as usual.

Tried another new plan from template and that plan bumps into walls and stops as expected.

Bumping and pushing is checked in preferences.

You could try increasing the Maximum Bump distance in Edit>Snap Props>Options and see if it helps, I use 150 pixels now after find 100 was not working all the time like you are finding , it seems to work opposite from how you would expect :), I think it was a Tip I saw in one of  @WendyatArtform Videos actually. ( Thanks Wendy !)

M.

Thanks much for the effort Mick but that's not it- 

Since preferences are program wide and not file specific the changes made are not affecting all of my plans- just the one in question.

I have since copied the plan into a new X8 file and it is bumping properly.

Side note - the plan that was causing the issue was bright forward from X4 and this may be a result of that.

4 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

I have noticed the same phenomena in both X9 and X10, especially cabinets, seem to have become myopic relative to walls, very annoying and unnecessarily time-consuming.We should complain this to Chief as a bug, I think.

DJP

ditto,  it happened 30 minutes ago.

• Upvote 1

It happened again with cabinets 55 minutes ago....  and I did check that bumping was on....  then it working again in the same plan....  inconsistent.

I had not noticed is was the copy paste that triggered it...  I will keep an eye on this

• Upvote 1