Chiefer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DMDesigns said:

Takes some getting used to - but not bad for instant gratification..!

5bd9d341b2dbc_Untitled24.thumb.jpg.6e3d6e66279ccf3a665da6f62206df91.jpg5bd9d340e36a2_Untitled22.thumb.jpg.1c79176baf9138eb3c0f9cbd1d9262b4.jpg

That is quite a kitchen layout there...

I have found if you use framing members instead of soffits for your beams and rafters, the wood grain works better.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, parkwest said:

That is quite a kitchen layout there...

I have found if you use framing members instead of soffits for your beams and rafters, the wood grain works better.

Ooooooooo - Right you are - Learn something new..! THX

Untitled 1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, limitless8 said:

New project that I'm working on, I find that when it comes to PBR, I can get better more realistic results with night time views and lights, in comparison to day time.  

ff48.png

ff86.png

I think they both look good. Maybe the reason you prefer the night time is due to the fact that a lot of the detail is hidden due to the low light levels. On interior shots with higher levels of light it's more obvious when a model or material is not quite right.

1 minute ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

I think they both look good. Maybe the reason you prefer the night time is due to the fact that a lot of the detail is hidden due to the low light levels. On interior shots with higher levels of light it's more obvious when a model or material is not quite right.

Yeah I think you hit the nail on the spot.  Many times high levels of day time light really make furniture and all look just not right.  I tried your tips on max sun lumens and lights at 3000, played around with the settings, sometimes it hit the spot, sometimes it just over blew it....still trial and error

9 minutes ago, limitless8 said:

Yeah I think you hit the nail on the spot.  Many times high levels of day time light really make furniture and all look just not right.  I tried your tips on max sun lumens and lights at 3000, played around with the settings, sometimes it hit the spot, sometimes it just over blew it....still trial and error

I certainly find that many of the models are too simplistic and as such they just look fake.

Not sure I'm understanding correctly your reference to my tip on maximum sun lumens. I believe I've been trying to emphasizing that there is a balance between the sun intensity and the interior light intensities that one needs to achieve. I typically try to find the right sun intensity first and then adjust my interior light intensities to suit. Maybe you are referring to one of my recommendations as to setting the PBR camera exposure to max and the brightness to 100% and then adjusting the lighting to work at these settings. This recommendation will most likely result in your sun intensity and light intensities being set very very low. The reason I make this suggestion is that at those PBR settings you will not get the effect where the PBR does not try to automatically adjust the apparent intensities as you change your lighting. 

• Like 1