Material List Displayed In Plan View?

Marcon

I am trying to display trim material quantities (e.g. l.f. room base, room crown, door and window casing, misc molding lines) in plan view. Can the material list be displayed dynamically in plan view? Or, can trim quantities be added to a schedule and thus be displayed dynamically in plan view?

Some pretty complex macros could be written to do this type of thing but I probably wouldn't recommend going that route.  I don't think it would be worth the hassle.  With regard to material lists; unfortunately, those don't dynamically update.  Only schedules dynamically update but that will only get you so far...You would need a Room Finish Schedule, a Door Schedule, and a Window Schedule; and that still wouldn't get you your misc. molding polylines.  I think your best bet is to just use the material list and copy/paste as necessary.

38 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I think your best bet is to just use the material list and copy/paste as necessary.

Unfortunately I think you are right , it is a real pity that the Room Schedule does not do Material Quantities like the Framing Schedule , it would be way more Useful.