5a834d950ed53_Untitled1.thumb.png.633c4026050f18ed4f5b47fb88634c71.png

Well more- only because I so rarely use RTs. I prolly have done more PDRs in the last few months than all the RTs I ever didi :) Early on found that extra lights help and I find them a lot easier to figure than I do with RTs (but remember I'm challenged there)

Most of the ones I place are directional spot lights wide cut off angle (120-160), drop off rate 3-5, lumens under 3000, no shadows. Height and angle up or down depends. Have placed some others for fill. I first needed these to cut down on color bleed from backdrops which has improved and I hope will be gone by Friday. I've found that almost every view benefits from one to 3 extras. Interestingly while not my baliwick found that adding lights for exterior can help, even nighttime.

21 minutes ago, rispgiu said:

Thank you Mark, any solution for the wall on the right?

For this I left your invisible wall and just made all the offending walls stop at ceiling. IF that is not working try Edit Wall intersection layers  OR a zero thickness room divider.

OOPS missed that back wall running a new one now

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rispgiu said:

Do you guys think the lines along the walls and ceilings are due to my graphic card?

I get those lines when I increase the pixel size greater than the screen resolution.  I think it is a bug in PBR.

The quality of PBR is wholly dependent on lighting and lights (I believe).

I also run all my renderings through photoshop or lightroom to get rid of the yellow cast and color correct.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, rispgiu said:

Thank you Mark, any solution for the wall on the right? 

Took a bit, turned off the lights in the Dining room , did not do it but I'd at least turn off shadow for those in this view since they do weird things to the ceiling.

Solution for the wall was "0" room divider, then connect walls, the edit wall intersection.

Untitled 7.jpg

• Upvote 2

I stopped doing RT's years ago when the renderings got good.  I want speed,  not quality.  I like WC's but they are too slow.  I do about 20 or 30 renderings each time for my clients.

I did a couple of renderings and PBR's attached,  the PBR's in this case ain't half bad.  I did no touchup.  I shot and went,  slammed and jammed,  picked and clicked....  I do need to work on what is outside the windows.....  12.thumb.jpg.5206ad2e92cdd91adfe19b3342010575.jpg10.thumb.jpg.936962ac640176a30150e9d52b663949.jpg09.thumb.jpg.e940797112fa04dc5494d2ddbc218e82.jpg5a8355d34a8cd_06pbr.thumb.jpg.123b70599c63b157258447fdbf673991.jpg5a8355d4397c4_05ren.thumb.jpg.6a47f84d9ab74b017e8af86c0dc891b0.jpg5a8355d5012d6_04pbr.thumb.jpg.bc25ceee9333aafe0a3f64ad71c42743.jpg5a8355d5bd998_03ren.thumb.jpg.eab3320309334dfe23a95c894337b388.jpg5a8355d67c3a8_02pbr.thumb.jpg.0014623bfa8ae993216282cb511a5410.jpg5a8355d7477e9_01ren.thumb.jpg.88cbef67eab935e9e18b924321f0db77.jpg

• Upvote 1

ok this is going to sound crazy, but I get whited out screen in PBR's. turned sun down, turned bloom off. it is all hit or miss. but mostly missed.

Thinking hardware issue but up to date drivers. so have not traced it down to any one issue yet. Anyone have whited out PBR's like sun to bright, or just me?

Hoping the release solves my issues or, PBR's are not going to work for me.

Image1.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OkcDesigner said:

ok this is going to sound crazy, but I get whited out screen in PBR's. turned sun down, turned bloom off. it is all hit or miss. but mostly missed.

Thinking hardware issue but up to date drivers. so have not traced it down to any one issue yet. Anyone have whited out PBR's like sun to bright, or just me?

Image1.jpg

I’ve had this happening to me if my materials were too glossy

39 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Took a bit, turned off the lights in the Dining room , did not do it but I'd at least turn off shadow for those in this view since they do weird things to the ceiling.

Solution for the wall was "0" room divider, then connect walls, the edit wall intersection.

Untitled 7.jpg

Mark that worked thank you 

27 minutes ago, dshall said:

I stopped doing RT's years ago when the renderings got good.  I want speed,  not quality.  I like WC's but they are too slow.  I do about 20 or 30 renderings each time for my clients.

I did a couple of renderings and PBR's attached,  the PBR's in this case ain't half bad.  I did no touchup.  I shot and went,  slammed and jammed,  picked and clicked....  I do need to work on what is outside the windows.....  12.thumb.jpg.5206ad2e92cdd91adfe19b3342010575.jpg10.thumb.jpg.936962ac640176a30150e9d52b663949.jpg09.thumb.jpg.e940797112fa04dc5494d2ddbc218e82.jpg5a8355d34a8cd_06pbr.thumb.jpg.123b70599c63b157258447fdbf673991.jpg5a8355d4397c4_05ren.thumb.jpg.6a47f84d9ab74b017e8af86c0dc891b0.jpg5a8355d5012d6_04pbr.thumb.jpg.bc25ceee9333aafe0a3f64ad71c42743.jpg5a8355d5bd998_03ren.thumb.jpg.eab3320309334dfe23a95c894337b388.jpg5a8355d67c3a8_02pbr.thumb.jpg.0014623bfa8ae993216282cb511a5410.jpg5a8355d7477e9_01ren.thumb.jpg.88cbef67eab935e9e18b924321f0db77.jpg

...ain't half bad

22 minutes ago, OkcDesigner said:

Image1.jpg

I've gotten it off and on. Sometimes, if all is good, switching to vector and back, or standard and back, and/or rebuild 3D makes it go away. I only ever get the white blast when "Improve light quality" under global illumination is checked. Unfortunately that setting helps with color bleed from the backdrop.

I have not yet run down the cause but I have a hunch that at least some of the time it is from an incomplete roof or one where there is a slight gap at the plane joints. Can't say for sure yet though. 

Job that I'm working on now is doing it. It's a "drafting only job" for an interior designer; fixing an X6 plan into X9. The plan had barely any roof on it at all and the correct roof is a bear and I have no specs, just google maps. Took a quick run at the roof but it's not needed for the job and any PBRs I do are bonus so turned "Improve light quality off. Got a few decent images that way.

2 hours ago, OkcDesigner said:

Image1.jpg

Yes I'm getting it and the exact opposite ie "Blackouts" , sometimes switching Views as Mark said will fix it other times I close camera and and shoot it again from a a spot 12-18inches left or right of the "Bad" Spot and it's Okay, but I have not figured it out yet, after trying latest video Drivers and and the 382.05 ones , I still have Issues. 

A few Test examples from the Grandview Plan.

1.thumb.PNG.4a1422191c8d53b594da8ce5053b75bd.PNG2.thumb.PNG.a2b7deb0d20bade91979ba01c7af30dc.PNG3.thumb.PNG.5769f3f4c4bc4dc6a583130f0e297fc8.PNG

Ok changed backdrop to no backdrop and it works like the rest of you. Mick before I did that I was able to getting your black  results as well.

Looks like maybe I can work with it now, if it remains stable. Been feeling left out of the sandbox again......LOL

Image2.jpg

Ok tried new plan same fixes, no work, so no clue again.

Just ran this exterior PBR.

5a84484121fa7_Untitled1Exterior1200.thumb.jpg.721b89eb7196c49d8ac39d04ed242443.jpg

One thing I'm finding is that the new material properties, especially the reflective(roughness) do not function like the old reflection one. Now reflectivity seems to be highly dependent upon specific lighting conditions. Before the change, a material exhibited a reflection regardless of any other condition, it seemed to be independent of anything else. I've noticed this on both interior and exterior scenes.

12 hours ago, OkcDesigner said:

Ok changed backdrop to no backdrop and it works like the rest of you. Mick before I did that I was able to getting your black  results as well.

Looks like maybe I can work with it now, if it remains stable. Been feeling left out of the sandbox again......LOL

Image2.jpg

Ok tried new plan same fixes, no work, so no clue again.

That is nice Mark.  I am assuming just the two lights and no additional work.

I did have light source in the middle of the room. Sun was turned down to 2000.

i used the refrigerator straight out of chief library, carpet as well. (did update library again yesterday.)

simple exercise trying to find settings that work repeatedly.........

start from scratch rectangle box two base cabinets and two upper, and refrg.

Not stable at all. just got it to work again. 1 out of 5 is not good at all.

Same issues still in the release issued 2/14/2018. 

Brian Beck posted this in another Thread about how to handle Reflective Materials in X10 20.1 ( Full Release )

Creating a General Material with a low roughness and a higher specular value should give you a very reflective surface in 20.1.   Altering the roughness and specular values should give you the control needed to get results similar if not the same as X9.

Have you been able to test this out?  If you are still getting undesirable results in this area please submit a plan to tech support so we can look into the issue further.

Mick,

I have been trying to send in plan to show chief. It appears to be first time camera issue. then can not get it to repeat, as it is unpredictable. 

Had three cameras all white out blinding..................

saved cameras, saved plan going got one....... went back in and all three worked.........

so this bug everyone has is, hard to replicate to send in to chief

That said Brian or anyone at chief that wants to GoToMeeting so I can try and show them the issue, let me know...........if that will help?

8 hours ago, OkcDesigner said:

Mick,

I have been trying to send in plan to show chief. It appears to be first time camera issue. then can not get it to repeat, as it is unpredictable. 

Had three cameras all white out blinding..................

saved cameras, saved plan going got one....... went back in and all three worked.........

so this bug everyone has is, hard to replicate to send in to chief

That said Brian or anyone at chief that wants to GoToMeeting so I can try and show them the issue, let me know...........if that will help?

I think I may have figured it out this morning , at least in the Beta.... try this .....

if you use the Automatic light Set?   then set the Limit to 100 with Improve lighting Quality On

( 50 maybe enough in some plans , not in Grandview for me? ) , if left on the Default of 8, I can reproduce the White Out effect ...at least in the Grandview Plan ..still best to reshoot the View to fix it though as it seems to not like it if not reshot...I have set 100 in my Camera Defaults too now, to see if it continues or not , but need to test more to confirm if it works as maybe it is just a placebo or one off ?.

44.thumb.PNG.9cd5648dd7dec4f78ebaab6dfa97f517.PNG45.thumb.PNG.5568c8695163ea7870990e934444ade1.PNG77.thumb.PNG.4bc5eae8c603d86c31471c1ecb832f3f.PNG78.thumb.PNG.34234d1d37f33cddfc8452c4fa881382.PNG46.thumb.PNG.fe4b175251f928b2d4516ed931461e37.PNG

M

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

if you use the Automatic light Set?   then set the Limit to 100

I have tried this in another Users' Plan I was helping this morning and it also works there ....once the defaults and Enhanced lighting is turned on and the Original Camera deleted , and then reshot...once again I am using the Beta3 Still.

M

1 hour ago, BrianBeck said:

Are any of you still able to produce the "white out" issue in the latest 20.1 update?

We were able to reproduce and resolve in the update at least one case of this occurring in the Beta based on a report sent in by a user.  

Yes repeatedly .... that is why i offered GoToMeeting. can reproduce, just can not save it to send in.

it fixes for some time, by different changes. 

Ok here is what I know. The issue is logged, and for now turning off Improved lighting Quality in profile plan. Turning it on once in PBR view........

the issue seems to be switching to PBR from other rendering view with that setting turned on.

Hope that helps you all as well. 

Thanks to Chief and Brian for getting me past that issue for now......

28 minutes ago, OkcDesigner said:

Ok here is what I know. The issue is logged, and for now turning off Improved lighting Quality in profile plan. Turning it on once in PBR view........

the issue seems to be switching to PBR from other rendering view with that setting turned on.

Hope that helps you all as well. 

Thanks to Chief and Brian for getting me past that issue for now......

funny you say that cos my "fix" this morning for the Beta was the Opposite ....ie turn on Improved lighting Quality and set the Auto lights to 100 and reshoot the view.

M.

I was enjoying working in PBR in the beta... never had an issue. 

However, I downloaded the final upgrade this morning from my digital locker and now all I get is white out blizzard conditions when I use the PBR.  I uploaded the latest driver for my video card as was suggested by tech support and tried all the different combinations of setting but still NO GO.

Strange thing is the PBR was working fine this morning before the final upload???

kitchen fog.jpg