Monolithic Slab Foundation only in camera view

wnschoen

I am always trying to simplify/template things as much as possible - does anyone know why: " If Monolithic Slab Foundation is checked, the current Floor Structure will be replaced by a single 4” (100 mm) layer of concrete with footings that can be seen in camera views only. "  -  why does not the Program generate the slab as a layer on the Plan View on the Foundation Level?  Am I missing something obvious?  I like how the 'Slab Footing' wall has a camfer option, I just don't understand why if the Monolithic Slab Foundation is generated automatically it can't show up as a regular Layer?

Elevation.jpg

Plan View.jpg

That's my point.  Chief creates a 'phantom' slab in the elevation view, but THAT ITEM DOES NOT EXIST in any Plan View.  This quote is from the User Manual:  " If Monolithic Slab Foundation is checked, the current Floor Structure will be replaced by a single 4” (100 mm) layer of concrete with footings that can be seen in camera views only. "  I guess I'll just post this to an idea for future improvement.  I just can't figure out if there is a good reason that the slab does not automatically generate in Plan View.... it is great that it generates in Camera Views, but why not in the Plan View?

The mono slab DOES auto generate in plan view (and camera views)- on the foundation level (Level zero).

On level 1, you need to specify Floor Supplied by the Foundation Room Below.

And/or

On level 0, you need to make sure Room Supplies Floor for the Room Above is checked.

Then auto build the mono slab foundation.

You Must BUILD the Foundation otherwise it is not there , the Monolithic Foundation will replace the "phantom" Slab as per my image above. And once you build it it is on Level 0 not Level 1 along with ALL foundations. Once you name it a Garage the Floor will drop and you'll get the Curb.

If you set Automatic Foundations to On and the default is Monolithic Slab, one should be Built automatically every time you make any Room/House/garage.... ie join 3 or more walls.

If you always use Mono Slabs you can even set it up that way in your Template Plan.

***Beaten to it by Glenn :)

Or, one way to get a mono slab without generating a foundation is to name the room a Slab type.

If you have Monolithic Slab checked in the Slab Room Types default, you will get a room with a mono slab, but no foundation level (level 0) drawn.