Hex 3d tile design

dskogg

I am fooling around with a 3d hex tile backsplash.  I used the primitive tool and set pyramid to 6 sides x 1" h x 8"

I then turned this into a symbol and applied to wall.

I was looking for the crisp lines of each face to show but chief rounds them off, any thoughts on how to do this?

hex 3d tile design.jpg

4 hours ago, dskogg said:

I am fooling around with a 3d hex tile backsplash.  I used the primitive tool and set pyramid to 6 sides x 1" h x 8"

I then turned this into a symbol and applied to wall.

I was looking for the crisp lines of each face to show but chief rounds them off, any thoughts on how to do this?

hex 3d tile design.jpg

I think your problem is that you used a pyramid which likely resulted in that convex shape/effect.  Not sure why you went that route.  Should have probably just used a Regular Polygon and converted to polyline solid.

Note:  You could also fix your problem by creating a pyramid with a much higher apex that is truncated at that 1" height to fix the convex effect.

Micheal, how would a regular polygon be converted to a 6 sided pyramid shape?

instead of building a custom shape I thought it world be easier to use ca that I can build and size this automatically.

im not sure how I would build a 6 sided hexagon pyramid with chief?

10 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Oh,  I understand what you are looking for now.  I'm sorry, I was previously misunderstanding.

I think your best bet is to just convert to a symbol and reduce the smoothing angle to something like 10 degrees or less..

Apparently I don't , why would a Tile need to be a Pyramid ?  I was thinking along the same lines as you at 1st....

M.