Help in transitioning from trail to full version

ChristopherJones

Seeking community help. I am a new user and had created a layout in the trial version of Chief Architect Interiors. I cannot save the plan since that would require a purchase of the interior version, I have purchase the full version of the Premier edition. Is there any way for me to copy paste the layout from trial to full version? I have tried copy/paste and it rejects me. Any help or advice is appreciated. I look forward to being part of the forums.

If you got all the way to layout without saving it sounds like you are doing well.  Unfortunately I don't believe there is any way to transfer the data other than a screen shot so you will be starting out with a good practice session and opportunity to work on your efficiency.

• Upvote 1

I have done it, but it was a long time ago, and the same chief program . You need to open both versions and copy paste to the new version. The trick is to hold down the control key when opening a second version, but never tried using two different versions. It's might be easy for you.  Make sure you are on page zero when copying. You can always copy your layout to the lib. and export to the new Chief also

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tommy1 said:

Sorry but I don't understand. If he has the Premier version, why not just start and actual plan and layout? I mean by now, surely he has closed the Trial version and lost it all right?

As long as the computer is powered up and Chief Trial is kept open the plan is still there but I don't believe there is any way to get it out.

Likely there was quite a bit of effort and electricity put into the trial version so understandably you would look for a way to save it.

It would be interesting to find out if CA would enable him to do this. If so, then it's really not a "Trial Version" and they should but and exception in their Trial Version Limitation note saying that if you purchased the full version, then your plan could be saved. The limitation note says that this version can not be saved or printed.

I thought if you bought the Full Version that the Trial that was already installed just became a Full version by Entering the Digital Key and Activating it ,( ie. no need to re-install AFAIK ) but in this case they purchased Premier instead of the Trialed Interiors Version which maybe an issue?

M.