Hole in roof

QualicoreHomes

Good day,

I need some help in getting this roof to work.  I'm trying to get a chimney/cupola on this barn/shop.  The video I saw on this it showed to make a hole in the roof.  No matter what I try I can not get it so that that option becomes available when I'm trying to convert the poly line.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help

Untitled 2.plan

Thanks for your reply, I updated my signature.  I'm using X9.  It was video #1521 "Manually Drawing Dormers"  No I did not try the skylight.  I placed a polyline (on both floors and attic) trying to get a hole in the roof so I could build the walls on top of the roof, but it wouldn't give me that option on any floor level. 

Thanks, 

Gerard

Thanks a lot for your help!! Could not have done it without your guidance!!  

I will keep that last post in mind as well.  Amazing how that adding the roof on top made it come together.  I find that is often the case with CA; if one link is missing the whole chain disappears.  That's why this Chief Talk is so nice that it enables to connect with people like yourself that know the program inside out.  Can't wait to get there. 

Much appreciated!

Gerard

Capture 5.PNG

Nice topic and really nice barn.

One of the coolest houses we almost ever bought was down in Boerne, TX in the hill country, and was done in the old Fredericksburg style, minimum roof overhangs, no hips, all gables, stucco, and all trimmed with bright spangle hot dipped galvanized steel, to complement the unpainted galvalume standing seam roofing.  It had what looked like chimneys on the ridges, clad in the same material as eaves, but they were skylights.  I've wanted those skylights on a house ever since.