Old seat, new seat

madcowscarnival

red seat, blue seat.

I'm attempting to justify upgrading to a current version from X6.  I use CA more as a side project than my bread and butter, but it's been handy over the last couple of years.  Currently (and for the foreseeable future) it's just me in the office and I haven't even had the time to try and become proficient at the program.  However, I see that the difference in price between my upgrade cost ($1,600) and the additional seat cost ($1,900) isn't much.  Am I looking at apples to oranges, or would purchasing the "add'tl" give me a new seat of X10 (or whatever is current) as well as keeping my current X6 seat active?  This would permit me in some future situation to have a part-time drafter working at the same time as me.

15 minutes ago, madcowscarnival said:

red seat, blue seat.

I'm attempting to justify upgrading to a current version from X6.  I use CA more as a side project than my bread and butter, but it's been handy over the last couple of years.  Currently (and for the foreseeable future) it's just me in the office and I haven't even had the time to try and become proficient at the program.  However, I see that the difference in price between my upgrade cost ($1,600) and the additional seat cost ($1,900) isn't much.  Am I looking at apples to oranges, or would purchasing the "add'tl" give me a new seat of X10 (or whatever is current) as well as keeping my current X6 seat active?  This would permit me in some future situation to have a part-time drafter working at the same time as me.

Probably best to copy and paste that into an email to Sales , and see what they say , they did have Sale Pricing last month (-10%), so be Cheeky and ask for that too :) off...you can Skype or Call them too....

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/company/contact.html

If you pay $1900 for an additional seat to get X10

I think you would be required to pay $1600 to upgrade your X6 to X10 also

but I may be wrong

probably best to contact CA's sales - they close at 5 Pm Pacific on Friday for the weekend

Lew

• 2 weeks later...

i would suggest just do the upgrade of the current seat from what you said.

Like Lew said, the add'l copy means you have to upgrade 2 in the future. And you will prob forget which is 'Primary' and which is 'Secondary' whem you upgrade later, otherwise you won't get the discount for the secondary lic renewal.

Frank.