Updated nvidia now pbr and standard view the same?

dskogg

I updated to the newest nvidia driver and now my standard view and pbr view are the same....any thoughts?

both have many lights and shadows turned on...normally when you change to pbr it takes a few seconds to adjust...not doing this now.

first pic is standard the 2nd pic is pbr.

standard view.jpg

pbr view.jpg

Ran across a discussion of that driver this morning. There were some interesting things said about nVidia drivers in general. Now these are mostly geeks and gamers so some of it is unintelligible to me. 

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-drivers-v-390-77-whql-findings-fixes.813230/

I don't update drivers unless the mfg offers them. On my last machine I updated the nVidia driver because it's so often touted on here. Only time I ever had trouble with it. I'd at least read the release notes to see if it offered anything relevant to me. 

Brian Beck has said Global Illumination should NEVER  be turned off in Preferences , doing that is for T.S. use only.

If you have a decent Videocard hardware edge smoothing can be on HIGH and texture compression OFF , TC is not normally needed for modern Videocards.

My Enhanced lighting is Greyed out ?   I just noticed on check your setting against mine , not sure about that but I am seeing  alot of Black in PBR with 390.77 though I don't know if 390.77 is the Reason , I was going to try 382.05 again to compare since Drivers above that seem to have various Issues.

PBR will not function in any way if you turn off Global Illumination. Has Mick mentioned this should never be toggled unless you are troubleshooting an issue with technical support.  I would also suggest you uncheck texture compression, leaving this checked will cause 3D views to take longer to generate.

If you are still having issue after doing this I would suggest contacting our Tech Support team and troubleshooting the issue further with them.

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

?

I wonder if people read my posts too sometimes :) so once again....

Brian Beck has said Global Illumination should NEVER  be turned off in Preferences , doing that is for T.S. use only.

If you have a decent Videocard hardware edge smoothing can be on HIGH and texture compression OFF , TC is not normally needed for modern Videocards.