Tilted Blueprint Image For Marketing

CARMELHILL

A little off topic, but does anyone know how you can create a tilted blueprint image of one of your own projects, like a set of plans laid out on a table. I want to superimpose a 3d rendering of a project over the blueprints for a marketing project. Similar to what's attached. I understand I'll have to add the 3d house design in photoshop, but how to you get the blueprint image to show as a 2d flat perspective. I know some programs can actually tilt your plans into a perspective and still be editable. I haven't done this since I was using Vectorworks.

post-663-0-07088100-1406860972_thumb.jpg

post-663-0-03468300-1406860979_thumb.jpg

I think this can almost be done entirely within Chief although you may have to play around with it a bit to get good image quality for the 2D drawing.  One approach...

1.  Create a solid that is the correct shape and size of you desired 2D plan.

2.  Resize that solid proportionately so it will fit under your 3D model appropriately (it will essentially be a terrain).

3.  Export a picture of your desired plan view or layout page.

4.  Crop the picture as necessary so it is sized correctly (proportionately).

5.  Create a new material using that picture and set it as "stretch to fit"

6.  Apply that material to your custom solid from step 1.

Just one idea.

Manipulating your plan is fairly simple (not always easy) using the import pdf as an image (After printing to pdf from CA) and Transform features within Photoshop.  If you're using a newer version of PS, then 3D compositing is also an option.

jon

I did notice late last night that exporting a jpg or png of the plan results in very poor quality. You have to Save to PDF, open in Photoshop, save as jpg. Then do all your mentioned steps. It helps to over-emphasize all the line weights otherwise it doesn't look right, it comes out too light.

Thanks for responding guys.