Custom cabinet cut sheets?

fmrkva9525

Hey guys, i'm a custom woodworker and I use chief architect to design custom  cabinetry and provide customers with a visual reference for our jobs. Most of our work is either custom built-ins, Kitchens, bathroom vanities, etc.  I was wondering if chief has the ability to create cut sheets and build blueprints for the cabinetry? From what I've seen there is not, and if there isn't, is there any software available to upload a chief plan into to create a cut sheet? I'm talking cabinet sides, dados, face frames, etc. (not floor plans, elevations with dimensions, or cabinet schedules) Right now I do all the layouts by hand and it would be nice if I could simply upload a plan file to another program and get the cut sheets made directly from that.

eCabinets does not integrate with Chief.  

Here is what it does.  The user creates a "seed" cabinet in each and every type needed for work, and the seeds are all placed in a library file in eCabs.  A seed is not a generic cabinet, but a specific model with features.  Seeds are used to batch up a job file.  Examples of seeds follow.  

Base cabinet, one drawer over a L/R double door

Base cabinet, corner with diagonal door, lazy susan inside

Wall cabinet 33 tall, single LH door

Seeds are built using eCabs to a size, but are then resized as required when a job batch is built.  The user has total freedom in building seeds to use just about any type of cabinet construction wanted.  Choose materials, thicknesses, joinery, stretcher arrangement, drawerbox type, hardware, and more.  The eCabinets focus is on CNC-cut parts, but the software can produce cutting sheets for shops operating saws.

In addition to the cutting sheets, eCabinets provides buy lists for hardware, drawerfronts and doors, and drawerboxes.

It takes me a minute or two per line item of a Chief cabinet schedule, to enter it to a batch and perform any necessary editing.  If no editing, and I am only sizing, which is the more typical condition, it only takes seconds.

• Upvote 1