Slab through wall - walkout basement - was okay in X9 not X10 Beta

HomesByDesign

Hi there,

The attached says it all.  In X9 the walkout pony walls are fine.  In X10 not so much (and nothing at all was done to the plan from 9 to 10) as the slab is exposed through the wall.  The pony wall is aligned by "Main Layer Outside" and again this works in X9.  BUT, in X10 if I align walls by outside edge this gap goes away.

I didn't see any other post on this issue but did give it a good look.

Thoughts?

Plan_NOT-OK.png

Plan_OK.png

35 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

When bringing plan forward, you will have some fix up especially with a beta version.

That said the only fix I could find is by changing the wall alignment (to align with outside edge) and that's skews my foundation from the main part of the building so not a good fix.  I'd go as far as saying this is a bug.  This also occurred in a new plan, mind you the new plan was from a template from X9.  Let me try a brand new plan,  Yep, just confirmed it's broken in a brand spaken new plan as well,,, not brought forward.

New_Plan_NOT-OK.png

22 hours ago, solver said:

Could you post a sample plan?

Eureka - I found the issue.

In preparing a sample plan from a new template file for this discussion (a file free of my manipulation) I discovered that the issue has nothing to do with a stepped wall as I may have implied in my earlier post (or maybe I didn't).  As you can see from the snapshot with the green siding the foundation wall is showing a gap the depth of the slab, the gap is the result of my pulling the concrete wall down under the terrain.  This is when I realized it wasn't the result of an old template file I normally use but in clicking a couple of buttons here's what I found out:

In X9 the Wall Specification - Structures tab the check box for "go through floors" is off.  That has worked just fine for many Chief software releases,

in X10 the Wall Specification - Structures tab the check box for "go through floors" is also off, sssssooooooo, I turn it on!  and sure enough it works. (now I can use "align pony wall with main layer outside" as initially intended)

So there are two ways to look at this issue,

1) that particular function didn't work correctly until now or 

2) that particular function doesn't work correctly now :-)

Either way, I'm good to go and I hope I saved someone else the headache of trying to figure out why there's a gap in the foundation wall.

X10_Without_a_stepped_Wall.png

X9 Wall Settings.png

X10_Wall_Settings.png