Half Walls, Headers & Cathedrals, Oh My!

OldCKD

Howdy y'all.

I'm attempting to draft an as-built of a master bath which has a high cathedral ceiling, and within the same room there are two smaller 'rooms', one is a shower room and the other is a water closet, each with an entry door.  Both of these smaller rooms have their own, lower ceilings.  So it's basically 2 small shorter rooms within a larger, taller room. 

When I attempt to draft the smaller rooms I am having a couple issues.  If I use standard walls they are auto connecting all the way up to the cathdral even though set not to in the DBX.  If I use half walls I can of course control the wall height but then when I insert a door - there's no header, and the roof above disappears  :mellow:  I'm missing something quite simple and basic, I am sure, but what?

I'm not looking to draft the entire house, but do need to have this interior be accurate for the purpose of renderings so when I make the changes to the interior layout as requested by the client, it is a true representation.

I've attached my plan, and have left the two shorter 'rooms' the two different ways I've tried so far, neither of which seems to accomplish what I am looking to do.  It's pretty much a hot mess.  Suggestions on how to accomplish? 

Please be kind, I am completely self-taught :unsure:

PS - while we're at it, I am annoyed by the fact the the 2 short walls under the overhang where the vanities are do not extend completely flush with the overhang as they do IRL.  Another little quibble.

[ETA - see new zipped file, below]

I tried to open your attachment and there was no data. Admittedly WinZip and I are having 'issues'. But, please take a look +/- Resend. Also, if you have a photo of the AsBuilt it would help to see where you want to go.

You're in MA. Do you know what the plural of Y'all is?

Answer: All Y'all. (I'm Alabama)

OK, so now I seem to be having problems zipping the file on top of everything else.
I'm also getting the 0 KB file :-/

Let me attempt to see what's going on and try again.

ETA - WinZip does not appear to be working properly.  My apologies; no idea what's wrong or how to fix it.

Jon is correct.

This is basically a two story space.  The two smaller rooms have a ceiling that's contained by the second floor while the second floor is open to below in all the rest of the area.  The walls surrounding the area that is the ceiling of the smaller rooms are basically 0 height railing walls.

Thanks guys, will try the second floor fix and see how it comes out.  I will still have to deal with the sloped ceiling that is partially over the two little rooms, however.

Mark - that's so obvious a solution I can't believe I didn't figure that out myself.  D'oh!

Thanks guys, will try the second floor fix and see how it comes out. I will still have to deal with the sloped ceiling that is partially over the two little rooms, however.

Mark - that's so obvious a solution I can't believe I didn't figure that out myself. D'oh!

I don't understand sloped ceiling over 2 little rooms I thought that was the look you wanted can you explain sorry if I am missing the obvious