Adesigns

Hello, is anyone else having issues with their cameras freezing? I've opened my camera up and went to close it out and it's not allowing me to. It is however allowing me to toggle around the room. 

I'm also having issues hiding labels of my cabinets and other appliances within my plan and elevations. 

I have a Lenovo yoga with the nvidia geoforce gtx so I am not sure why this is happening as I've got all the requirements almost 3x the minimum.

1 hour ago, Adesigns said:

I have a Lenovo yoga with the nvidia geoforce gtx so I am not sure why this is happening as I've got all the requirements almost 3x the minimum.

Few possibilities, all computer related. Interiors is the same basic program as Premier, just has some features turned off

1. Your machine has both an nVidia card and an Intel card. Open the nVidia control panel and make add Chief architect to the 3D panel.Contorl.thumb.png.cb1e35c2a221f64cbf956d5b6406d2c8.png
  2. Check Windows "Power Options"  for both battery and plugged in. Make sure to have them set to Performance (or create a performance profile) and  check that everything is set to that.
  3. Go to windows, control panel, system, advanced system settings, and set that to performance- (you can change a few things in the list but don't check all of them.
  4. Are you using a second monitor? those often use the Intel card. There is also a control app for the Intel card, set that to high or performance also.
  5. Lastly- some folks have had issues with some recent nVidia drivers. Check your driver version and then check the forum for recent topics on that (may be in Tips? but someone will likely post a link)

FWIW I only run laptops and I will only allow drivers from the laptop Mfg. Chief often says be sure to have the latest video driver. I have not found that to be the case on any of the 4 I've used Chief on since X3 with the occasional exception of Intel drivers provided by Windows Update. YMMV.

It maybe like the Nvidia Driver Issue ,especially if you have Tabs missing in DBXs too and can't access them , Driver Versions in the 388. Series can cause Issues in X9.

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in please, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.

On 2/6/2018 at 10:25 AM, MarkMc said:

THANK YOU!!! It was the power options that was causing this. I've not been able to figure out how to turn off my cabinet labels & fill. But I am going to call today as it might not be an option on the premier. 

On 2/6/2018 at 10:25 AM, MarkMc said:

Few possibilities, all computer related. Interiors is the same basic program as Premier, just has some features turned off

1. Your machine has both an nVidia card and an Intel card. Open the nVidia control panel and make add Chief architect to the 3D panel.Contorl.thumb.png.cb1e35c2a221f64cbf956d5b6406d2c8.png
  2. Check Windows "Power Options"  for both battery and plugged in. Make sure to have them set to Performance (or create a performance profile) and  check that everything is set to that.
  3. Go to windows, control panel, system, advanced system settings, and set that to performance- (you can change a few things in the list but don't check all of them.
  4. Are you using a second monitor? those often use the Intel card. There is also a control app for the Intel card, set that to high or performance also.
  5. Lastly- some folks have had issues with some recent nVidia drivers. Check your driver version and then check the forum for recent topics on that (may be in Tips? but someone will likely post a link)

FWIW I only run laptops and I will only allow drivers from the laptop Mfg. Chief often says be sure to have the latest video driver. I have not found that to be the case on any of the 4 I've used Chief on since X3 with the occasional exception of Intel drivers provided by Windows Update. YMMV.

5 hours ago, Adesigns said:

I've not been able to figure out how to turn off my cabinet labels & fill. But I am going to call today as it might not be an option on the premier. 

Fill should be in Cabinet Defaults.

I don't know if you have the ALDO? which is in View-Active Layer Display Options. If you do the easiest way to turn off cabinet labels would be from there (so long as you have that layer?) When you select objects any layers associated with what is selected show up there and no others. If you don't have that you can group select all the cabinets and "suppress label"

Fill.png

Also and Labels.png