anyone else having issues with RT?

rispgiu

On 2/6/2018 at 2:07 PM, ericepv said:

After reading the posts above, I decided to try my own experiment. I rendered a past project in X10 using the same settings that I had used in X9 when I originally did this project, the results are below. As you will see, in the first image (on top), which was done in X9, the lighting is brighter overall and the two table lamps are much different as compared to the second image (bottom) which was done in X10. I'll mess around with the settings a bit to see if I can correct the image but until the problems get worked out, I'll stick with X9.

Bedroom-Modern 3 RTf.jpg

Bedroom-Modern 3 RTf x10.jpg

I re-ran my experiment that I did with the Beta version last week, here are the results. The first image is X9, the second image is X10 Beta and the last one is the latest version of X10 that I downloaded this morning. Not much of an improvement, I guess I've got to make some more adjustments to the lighting to get back to the image I had with X9.

Bedroom-Modern 3 RTf.jpg

Bedroom-Modern 3 RTf x10b.jpg

Bedroom-Modern 3 RTf x10c.jpg

1 hour ago, ericepv said:

I re-ran my experiment that I did with the Beta version last week, here are the results. The first image is X9, the second image is X10 Beta and the last one is the latest version of X10 that I downloaded this morning. Not much of an improvement, I guess I've got to make some more adjustments to the lighting to get back to the image I had with X9.

Bedroom-Modern 3 RTf.jpg

The X9 version looks so much better. However I do see an improvement from the previous run through 

1 hour ago, ericepv said:

Bedroom-Modern 3 RTf.jpg

In case you missed it  Eric.......Brian Beck posted this in another Thread about how to handle

Reflective Materials in X10 20.1 ( Full Release )

Creating a General Material with a low roughness and a higher specular value should give you a very reflective surface in 20.1.   Altering the roughness and specular values should give you the control needed to get results similar if not the same as X9.

Have you been able to test this out?  If you are still getting undesirable results in this area please submit a plan to tech support so we can look into the issue further.

12 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

In case you missed it  Eric.......Brian Beck posted this in another Thread about how to handle

Creating a General Material with a low roughness and a higher specular value should give you a very reflective surface in 20.1.   Altering the roughness and specular values should give you the control needed to get results similar if not the same as X9.

Have you been able to test this out?  If you are still getting undesirable results in this area please submit a plan to tech support so we can look into the issue further.

Thanks Kbird, I'll give that a try. - Eric

Here are my results:

I was mostly concentrating on getting a reflection in the countertop, which it worked. Interestingly though, the image clarity of the renders is not the same for X9 and X10. I am sure if I fix the materials and some of the settings I can get some better images in X10 however I would have thought that this being already done in X9 would have translate it to X10 and made it even better than x9. 

Kitchen x9 30 pass A.O.0.1-0.4.jpg

Kitchen x9 30 pass U.I.0.1.jpg

Kitchen x10 30 pass A.O.0.1-0.4.jpg

Kitchen x10 30 pass U.I.0.1.jpg

Ju

26 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

seems to be quite a difference in the Ceiling and Fridge Stainless , but not sure the web images are doing it justice or not?

M.

Just to give you a little background, the Uniform Intensity versions rendered in about 25minutes, the ambient Occlusion in about 13 min. 

I imagine that if I had let the X10 run longer it would have given me better images but I wanted to test it close as possible with the same parameters and criteria. All this to say that for the same time invested, X9 provided a better image. 

I solved the reflective floor material by replacing the flooring from Medium Oak Plank to Armstrong Flooring>Hardwood>Fifth Ave Collection>Topaz.

In X9, I manually changed Medium Oak Plank, to a reflective surface.  That option is not available in X10.

Here's the result.  You can see the original Medium Oak beyond the kitchen in the mud room.

test 2.jpg

4 hours ago, Electromen said:

I solved the reflective floor material by replacing the flooring from Medium Oak Plank to Armstrong Flooring>Hardwood>Fifth Ave Collection>Topaz.

In X9, I manually changed Medium Oak Plank, to a reflective surface.  That option is not available in X10.

Here's the result.  You can see the original Medium Oak beyond the kitchen in the mud room.

test 2.jpg

Looks good Greg , did you happen to try Brian Becks advice in Post# 28 1st before changing the Material ?

I Wonder if it may give your Countertop a bit of "life" too

M.

28 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Looks good Greg , did you happen to try Brian Becks advice in Post# 20 1st before changing the Material ?

I Wonder if it may give your Countertop a bit of "life" too

M.

Post #20 must be a wrong reference # ???

It seems the materials in the  Library updated today make a difference.  I'll try a new countertop.

35 minutes ago, Electromen said:

Post #20 must be a wrong reference # ???

It seems the materials in the  Library updated today make a difference.  I'll try a new countertop.

made you look :P ... :) sorry typo #28  but here it is

Brian Beck posted this in another Thread about how to handle

Michael just posted a pic here too of his settings...