Platform larger than wall and gap below wall

boxerprod

Hi everybody ,

I have a 2 floors house. The platform generated between the 2 floors seems larger than the wall.

Also i have a gap between the platform and the bottom of the walls which are on the 2nd floor.

Hope you can help me solve my problem.

My version of chief architect is X8 on mac os x.

Thank you ;)

Capture d’écran 2018-02-04 à 16.42.45.png

The gap is where the sub floor sheeting would be, if you want to see it in your framing view turn on floor surfaces layer.

The rimboard is sticking out because your wall framing is not set to Build Platform to the Exterior of the wall framing layer in the Wall definition.

Hope that helps. :)

How is it sitting on the 1st floor sub floor now?  You may need to rebuild the upper level sub floor or align the walls with the lower level depending on how you have things set to rebuild.  You could post the plan file if you get stuck and someone will take a look for you.

If the 1st Floor is the Correct size Align the walls of the 2nd Floor with it , or you may have to do the reverse depending on which Level shows the Correct dimensions , using F9 to show the Reference Layer ( Red usually) may help too.  You may need to realign the Foundation too depending on what you do unless Autobuild foundation is on.

Thank you for all your information.

The strange thing is that the 2nd floor has been created "automaticaly" using the 1st as reference. 

Both.

What i can say : 

- Foundation and 1st Floor wall are aligned. On the right everything is ok but not on left.

- On the 2nd Floor , everything is ok.

I'm looking all options and trying several things ... 

All walls are using the same type of wall . maybe I have customized one of them . I'm trying to set all them with default type.

(Sorry for my english .. i'm french ;) )

Capture d’écran 2018-02-04 à 20.56.28.png

Capture d’écran 2018-02-04 à 20.56.34.png

Capture d’écran 2018-02-04 à 21.17.06.png

The images show different wall types ( more layers on 1st floor vs 2nd floor) so I'd say you have an alignment issue due to what is designated as the Main Layer

Please forgive google translate :)

Les images montrent différents types de murs (plus de couches au 1er étage et au 2e étage), donc je dirais que vous avez un problème d'alignement en raison de ce qui est désigné comme la couche principale

Hi Guys , 

Thank you Chopsaw , the Align With Wall Below tool.JPG did the trick ! That's

Now i need to check the layers .

Thank you all for helping me solving this. I will certainly ask more help ;) (like making horizontal stud framing on the outside for vertical siding)