shed roof

crosscutter55

in a clockwise form i would like the 12 oclock wall to be10' high & the 6 o clock wall to be 8' high . there is no ceiling , the roof rafters are the ceiling. i drew a simple square and can not figure out to how to change these wall heights independetly. I also would like the walls to be block . any help would be appreciated 

Try and make your room 6' high and put the pitch you want on it then when doe change you room height to 10' and the roof will keep the 6' wall in place you might have to adjust the pitch go that the rafters don't show a flat clg as it goes up, 

Build roof using Auto Rebuild Roofs. Build > Roof > Build Roof

Open the 3 and 9 o'clock walls, and check "Full Gable Wall" in the Roof tab.

Open the 12 o'clock wall and check High Shed/Gable Wall

Do the math to determine what pitch you need to get 2' of rise in dimension between 12 and 6 o'clock walls

Go back to Build Roof and enter your pitch.

Open the Room spec, Structure tab, uncheck "Ceiling Over This Room"

In same dialog box, adjust room height to 8'

12 hours ago, crosscutter55 said:

in a clockwise form i would like the 12 oclock wall to be10' high & the 6 o clock wall to be 8' high . there is no ceiling , the roof rafters are the ceiling. i drew a simple square and can not figure out to how to change these wall heights independetly. I also would like the walls to be block . any help would be appreciated 

In Chief , Wall heights are governed by the Roof Plane , which is how they are normally controlled but you can Pull a wall down in an Elevation View and do it all manually if desired / needed , it's just more work , so you'd open the elevation on the wall you want 6' , (6 O'C) select the wall and change the height to 6' , then do the same for the 8' Wall (12 O'C ) or whatever height you want ( eg 8' and 10' )  , then open the Left and Right Elevations , (3 and 9 O'C ) select the wall and pull the required corner down to the 6' height.  You will then need to mess with the Roof Plane as it will still build as normal as if all the walls are still 8ft but once you know the Roof Pitch ( found using a CAD line in side Elevation it isn't too Hard. You can then get it to Auto frame the Roof for you so you don't need to do the Rafters Manually too.

M.

5.JPG

6.JPG

Angled Wall Plan.plan