porch floor

glkirk

Good morning,

while trying to fix my porch floor, (it didn't seem to line up with foundation wall) I moved foundation wall instead. But now my porch is too small.

I had built a bream out of polyline. It seems to be in the way of maybe selecting my porch floor?

Also, what is the dashed line around the perimeter of the front and right sides?

Thanks

Also, I cant figure out how to put columns on this porch

321 W 32nd St.plan

I didn't have any issue selecting your porch. Your invisible walls are defining your porch size, you can't select them because it looks like you have the layer turned off.  If you turn the invisible walls layer on, so you can see your walls, you will see that they're not lined up with your foundation wall correctly either. The dashed line is a reflection of your roof/ceiling not being built correctly. If you put your plan into a full overview and look up under the porch, you'll see your rafters are showing through your ceiling.  You could drop your ceiling height to 8' and your 'dashed lines' will go away.

4 hours ago, ShelbyVHomes said:

I didn't have any issue selecting your porch. Your invisible walls are defining your porch size, you can't select them because it looks like you have the layer turned off.  If you turn the invisible walls layer on, so you can see your walls, you will see that they're not lined up with your foundation wall correctly either. The dashed line is a reflection of your roof/ceiling not being built correctly. If you put your plan into a full overview and look up under the porch, you'll see your rafters are showing through your ceiling.  You could drop your ceiling height to 8' and your 'dashed lines' will go away.

Those "dashed lines" are also known as ceiling breaks.