Library catalog downloads are opening in wrong version

Draftsmith

I am using X9 and when I log in to download a new library catalog even when i select an item that's only available in X9 or X10 after it download and i click to open it my computer opens up X8 version and the catalog is only available in X8 and not X9. What am I doing wrong? 

It sounds like X8 is still the Default "Handler" for .calibz Files , you can go to

Settings>Apps>Default Apps> Scroll to bottom >choose Defaults Apps by File Type>

scroll down and find .calibz > Click on the Program name (X8?) and choose X9 or X10 > Ok/Close Settings....

it doesn't normally need a Reboot by may ...

M.

• 8 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 6:15 PM, Kbird1 said:

It sounds like X8 is still the Default "Handler" for .calibz Files , you can go to

Settings>Apps>Default Apps> Scroll to bottom >choose Defaults Apps by File Type>

scroll down and find .calibz > Click on the Program name (X8?) and choose X9 or X10 > Ok/Close Settings....

it doesn't normally need a Reboot by may ...

M.

Mick,

I am having this same issue. When I go through your steps, X10 does not show up. Any ideas?

Thank you,

3 hours ago, Anna_Gorres said:

Got it - thank you!

Did the 2nd method from the command Line Work?  ( it apparently doesn't anymore with Win10 1803 (April Update), I have updated the Other thread linked above with other methods too but the easiest is ......

Right Click a .calibz file and Choose Open With>CA X10  (scroll Down to bottom if you don't see X10 listed and choose look on PC and once found look for the Checkbox that says Always Use this App

M. 

Repair Chief Files_1.JPG