RHDesigns

I have been working with CA Premier X10 for about 60 days, Having some issues with rendering and wondering if it has to do with my setting on my PC as I was expecting better results, I am aware Ray tracing takes time , however in standard view items are not looking crisp , I have watched the lighting tutorials and made adjustments but does not seem to improve, when I switch to physically based rendering it looks even worse , it goes to almost a dark gray scale and no color at all.

I am using a newer PC with windows 10 , plenty of ram and Nvida G force Graphics card which is supposed to be great for gamer and CAD software the performs at a high level. I am not a PC expert and looking for some input to get my rendering to the quality I would like to see. Not looking for a Super High Ray Trace but more of a high quality Physically based render that I can print-show at time of presentation. I have attached a file which is standard view AN example is the hood design the moldings should have better Detail.

Thanks

Kitchen 2.jpg

I use the same settings Graham posted above , Bloom makes things "soft" to my eye and the weird shadow in the Corners and at the wall / ceiling connect is caused but Ambient Occlusion and at 40-50% it looks more Natural. You can now Preset your Camera Views in the Plan Defaults>Camera Tools  or do it in the Active Camera DBX too. Some settings are in Plan Defualts>3D Camera View Defaults too ...eg the PBR Default Exposure.

PBR is also way too Dark for me , the exposure setting needs to be at least 3x-4x higher than the default (0.18) for me ( try .5675-.6575) and the Use Improve Lighting Quality should be On.

The one I have not been sure of is the Smooth While Idle.....  I thought this was for people with lesser Video-Cards  like the Intel GFX Cards? and those of us with Nvidia 900-10x Series Cards shouldn't need it since they were "Fast Enough to do it on the Fly" ? 

M.

2 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

The one I have not been sure of is the Smooth While Idle.....  I thought this was for people with lesser Video-Cards  like the Intel GFX Cards? and those of use with Nvidia 900-10x Series Cards shouldn't need it since they were "Fast Enough to do it on the Fly" ? 

M.

I think this was changed. It seems that this needs to be checked on so that once you stop moving the camera it will smooth out the lines. If not checked the lines will be whatever level of smoothness they are while moving around. In the past there was a setting for line smoothness while moving and when idle. As you mentioned, this was to allow users with lesser video cards to reduce this or turn it off so moving around was faster, looks like that option is no longer.

5 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

I think this was changed. It seems that this needs to be checked on so that once you stop moving the camera it will smooth out the lines. If not checked the lines will be whatever level of smoothness they are while moving around. In the past there was a setting for line smoothness while moving and when idle. As you mentioned, this was to allow users with lesser video cards to reduce this or turn it off so moving around was faster, looks like that option is no longer.

Thanks G. I had not read about that change anywhere , I guess that is as of Beta #3 then ? , I will have to turn mine back on then.

M.

I have been using the pbr quite successfully for many interior views of designs since it came out.

every once in a while as it settles in to produce initial view it goes completely white as if completely over exposed.

i can’t fix it.

only way I have found was to delete camera and make new pbr view.

anyone else seeing this?

11 minutes ago, dskogg said:

I have been using the pbr quite successfully for many interior views of designs since it came out.

every once in a while as it settles in to produce initial view it goes completely white as if completely over exposed.

i can’t fix it.

only way I have found was to delete camera and make new pbr view.

anyone else seeing this?

Yes, it happens to me quite often. If you have saved the camera I find that in most cases just closing it and opening it back up again brings it back to normal.

Early on I made a shortcut key for rebuild 3d, that helps but I've found that just switching to vector and back to PBR (keyboard each) solves almost all problems (since public Beta I turn bloom off and usually have RCS off), haven't had to delete a camera. I have 3 or 4 for each project and use them live as needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Still not certain what is happening here I have posted a standard view and a PBR rendering, when I switch to PBR rendering this is what I get? ANy help would be great as I am thinking it is in settings that is causing this ? ANy help with setting would be great as I did not find the tutorials very helpful on this issue

View 6.jpg

View 7.jpg

11 minutes ago, RHDesigns said:

Still not certain what is happening here I have posted a standard view and a PBR rendering, when I switch to PBR rendering this is what I get? ANy help would be great as I am thinking it is in settings that is causing this ? ANy help with setting would be great as I did not find the tutorials very helpful on this issue

View 6.jpg

View 7.jpg

I had one where I couldn't stop it in the public beta. I saw someone mention the back drop. I found that the combination of a backdrop and "Improve lighting quality" in the rendering technique settings were the issue. If I turned either off it went away.

The same file is fine in the latest update BUT I updated my catalogs and they may have updated backdrops.

If all esle fails save the camera and settings and post the plan.

23 minutes ago, RHDesigns said:

View 6.jpg

View 7.jpg

Some kind of bug I guess. I have it too. If the camera is saved you can close it and reopen it and it should be back to normal again.

Same issue here , I can sometimes fix it moving the camera 12-18" left or right of the Original position , other times a Close and reshoot will fix it and sometimes toggling Improved Lighting will fix it but no definitive Fix yet , at least not in the Beta.... more in this thread too...

Things to try- 

First would be a brand new camera. At first I thought I'd found that turning off both back drop and improve lighting, then switching to standard, then back to PBR, then turn on lighting, finally turn on backdrop (voodoo right) was the answer. 

But since then I have not been able to get the blowout with any new cameras even in full floor with no ceiling or roof. All were X10 plans which may or may not matter. YMMV

Still getting a very little pixelization on the Spectre with the wimpy video card if everything is on but need to test that further.