• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dkmprinter
    Newest Member
    dkmprinter

• By pgjacob
      HI All
      I am ray tracing a scene with a 3D plant (from sketchup) and the shadows are showing squares rather than the actual shadow of the plant (1 pass image shown below).  I have purposely moved the sun around to cast shadows to the back of the image as I have found manually manipulating the sun gives much better RTs than using natural sun angles (at least for me).  I attach the skp file and what the plant looks like in the object info window of CA.  Any ideas how to get rid of this square shadow?  I uncheck the ray casted shadows in camera tool pre-ray trace, and it looks better but still ray traces with the square shadow.
      Thanks in advance,
      melissa

Blue Flax Lily.skp
    • By LeeDrafter
      Hi All, I am trying to achieve a ray trace with a tree in the foreground that sort of frames the picture. Attached is an example of my goal- I did not create the attached jpg. I am getting close by placing a tree close to the camera but mostly out of view, but every tree I have tried is blurry. See the saved camera in the attached file. Then I place another big tree closer to the house to create a shadow on the house/driveway. I will crop that tree out of the final picture. Are there any trees CA has that you recommend for close-up high resolution (5500x3200 pixels) ray trace? I found a thread from the old Chief Talk where they had a similar problem and Larry Kumpost  suggested a high res tree, but I don't know where to find one. Here is the old thread http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread.php?34289-Exterior-Critique&highlight=trees+foreground. Thank you in advance!

THE ADLER RENDERING.zip
    • By hikerj
      Can anybody tell me why I get ray traces that are really grainy?  I can't find a topic on this.  I am using X9 on a mac. 
    • By dJanzenINTERIORS
      When doing a Ray Trace the cabinets seem to be lit from the inside.
      There were no lights added to these cabinets and it seems to be happening every time.

• By somearchitect
      Hi all-

Long time since I've been here!!!

I just upgraded from X9 to X10 and have been having fun trying to figure out the new Physically Based Rendering engine. Very cool, though I'm struggling to make rooms bright enough so far...  I watched a video from CA on Physically Based Rendering, and was wowed one of the details in the tutorial model- real looking books on shelves. Does anyone know how this was done??  The books look pretty amazing.

Here's the video link:https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/2426/physically-based-rendering-technique.html?playlist=102

And I've attached a screen grab from the video to show the books.

Thanks in advance!!

Chris Allen
      architect
      Austin, TX