Rev-A-Shelf Library

RobUSMC

I've got to ask whats is the deal with the new Rev-A-Shelf library for X10???  We use a lot of there cabinet pullouts and accessories and I was glad to see them included. However, going thru several symbols it leaves me disappointed. It has cabinet pullouts such as trash cans, pantry pullouts, spice racks, etc and they are all the same material. If the main unit is made out of wood then everything is made out of wood such as the trashcan, pot or pan, hinges and drawer guides and it does not allow material changes   

RAS.JPG

RAS 2.JPG

Yeah, a pia. I have a hunch that RAS supplied only the dwg versions which don't have textures.

Can export as dae and alter in SU but the ones I use get to be a lot of work. I already have some in my library from the 3D warehouse (a little better than these) But I don't use all that many RAS ; I prefer Hafele (same problems) or have the factory make what I want (I just make those in Chief)

Also, unless something has changed in the latest beta, they resize to fit the cabinet space when IRL they are the size they are. I moved a couple to my user library so I could lock them from resizing.

Good feedback and observations!

As Mark pointed out, we use the objects provided by the brand. This set contains objects with a single material layer.

We are working with brands like these to improve the source data that is provided, but feel it is valuable to offer users the objects so they are available for specification in cabinets and can be represented in materials take-offs and planning phases of the design process. We intend to make improvements and updates as they become available.

Thanks Mark for the usability feedback concerning re-sizing!

Just a note to thank everyone's efforts to make the Cabinet side of CA better. My use of CA X10 has been very enjoyable (even with temp workarounds).  Kudos to all my fellow Kitchen & Bath Designers like Mark, Michael, Mick, Rob, & others for your persistent input for advancing these features. To the dedicated Staff in Cour de Lean - BRAVO! (and keep going). 

• Upvote 1

On 1/30/2018 at 4:14 PM, RobUSMC said:

whats is the deal with the new Rev-A-Shelf library for X10???

Here are a couple - these I are one of the few I use often and currently working with a client could be important (know what I mean :wacko:

There's 3 symbols, the base from the 5300 series with no trash pails, one with 2- 27 qt pails (may not quite sit on the floor and need adjusting, and not quite the right pails but they have no lids which is what I see most often), and another of the same that is made to offset to one side (this one sits at the right height) for use in a sink base.

I did not get into fixing it so that the runners stay put in the cabinet- there are limits. (I have to open 2020 sometime in the next week or so and will see what if there's do? but I'm on Version 9 with that-maybe Cheryl could let us know?

RAS 534X.calibz