Plinth on cabinetry

Gr8trim4u

2 hours ago, Gr8trim4u said:

I did a search and all i come up with is doing it manually. Am i missing something. I would like to create the actual on the drawing . 

I have moved up to x10b

2018-01-29.png

20171020_080208.jpg

Another option if when you prefer to keep it with the cabinetry and not mess with the room-though I would most likelydo the crown the way Eric suggests- just might be doing the baseboard otherwise.

Plynth and molding.jpg

Another option.plan

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Another option if when you prefer to keep it with the cabinetry and not mess with the room-though I would most likelydo the crown the way Eric suggests- just might be doing the baseboard otherwise.

Plynth and molding.jpg

Another option.plan

Good points Mark.  There are definitely some good reasons not to mess with the room molding.  Not sure how you got your molding shape, but here's a quick tip for that...

Michael 

8 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Good points Mark.  There are definitely some good reasons not to mess with the room molding.  Not sure how you got your molding shape, but here's a quick tip for that...

Michael 

Thx!!!

I started with Chief architect version 98 not 9.8. it was on a 286 processor. I did enough jobs over the years but just enough to get by for what i needed . The older the body the more I do this. You guys have been a vast wealth of knowledge and efficiency

Many thanx to all of you.

9 minutes ago, solver said:

Anyone want to elaborate on this?

I wonder how the Materials List is affected.

I don't personally use the material list very often so that is a non-issue for me personally but...

The material list:  The additional molding gets added to the material list just fine albeit as its own line item depending on how you have your molding drawn and spec'ed elsewhere.

Reasons for not using the room molding:  Any adjustments to the room or cabinet placement and you have to adjust your molding polylines again.  With the separate molding polylines you can leave the room molding automatic and just move the cabinet along with its moldings.  There are just a couple of the most notable reasons anyway. 

1 minute ago, solver said:

Anyone want to elaborate on this?

I wonder how the Materials List is affected.

Well for me the baseboard is usually coming from the cabinet company, the room molding is usually not, I use cabinet schedule and not material list.

For a lot of remodels where I'm doing a built in similar to the photo the client is not changing existing room baseboard (which may be a different height) Just depends on the situation, your solution is great for many.