ADA Ramps and landings

ChiefUserADA

That Library does not contain Ramps Perry AFAIK , however CA does have Ramps , you would need to know the ADA Specifications to set them though.

It would be a good Idea to fill in your Forum Signature ( see mine in Blue below for how) so we know what version you have or intend on Purchasing.

M.

11.thumb.JPG.592a023cc78f403f5c8b79fe1ba8fa5b.JPG

All ADA ramps need a slope ratio of 1:12.  All inside width dimensions should be a min of 36" or greater if possible and you need a 5' level landing every 30'.  Any ramp 6' and over in length needs hand railing on both sides.  All ramps need 2" high safety curbing on both sides.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, lbuttery said:

I think there needs to be a landing every 12' also

but best to verify specs from ADA website

Lew

Wrong.  Landings are required at every 30" of vertical rise.  2015 ICC/ANSI A117.1

Michael:

I stand corrected

not sure where the 12' came from - bad memory

or did requirements change since 2006-2008 ?

anyways - the runs can be 30' or 40'

way longer than I thought they could be

I thought they required every 12' in case the person got tired ???

If the slope of a ramp is between 1:12 and 1:16, the maximum rise shall be 30 inches (760 mm) and the maximum horizontal run shall be 30 feet (9 m). If the slope of the ramp is between 1:16 and 1:20, the maximum rise shall be 30 inches (760 mm) and the maximum horizontal run shall be 40 feet (12 m).

Lew

• 2 weeks later...

The rule is 1:12 ratio and there must be a landing every 30' which should be a 5'-0" x 5'-0" for easy turn around.  Ramps for the VA must be 48" in width and handrail on both sides.  Distance between handrails is 42".