Print to PDF file

kirbywhitetail

I am having a tough time trying to send a floor plan to adobe acrobat reader in a PDF file. I have tried all different settings and nothing is working. one time in acrobat is shows it sent but nothing in it, another time it was there but in 1 page of 130, another time it was there and was 1 page of 3,383 pages. What am I doing wrong. I would sure appreciate some help, thanks Bill

Chief Architect Save as PDF does almost always out preform the other options if you have a more recent version of Chief, as Jerry just said but that is not likely the cause of your current grief.  Paper and scale sizes in print preview have to match what you have set for Drawing Sheet Setup in your plan view.

In "page set up" I used letter / letter and in scale I used 1" = 1". In "Print" I had All and entire sheet clicked, also in scale it was 1" = 1" . Then in save I went to documents/plans and it ends up in Adobe Acrobat Reader. The last time I tried the file was there but nothing in it

44 minutes ago, kirbywhitetail said:

I am just trying to send a floor plan and not a layout. I did make sure my sheet size matched and that my drawing scale matched. Am I trying to sent it to the wrong place? I am using Microsoft PDF 

Just send your plan to a layout at a scale if desire and then print to a pdf. Chose your paper size for the layout. Very easy operation.

• Upvote 1

Kirby I don't have a copy of X5 but if you can turn on your "Drawing Sheet [Alt + F3]" in plan view that will give you a good indication of what will fit on the paper size you have selected.  With the Drawing Sheet turned on you can double click at the border of it to open the  Drawing Sheet Setup  DBX and find a scale that makes your drawing fit the paper or change the paper size as that in not critical unless you are printing to paper.  Then make sure all that matches when you open the print preview screen.

Yes as standards are that working drawings are printed to scale Chief tries to help you do that as annoying as it sometimes is.

Maybe if you post your plan file someone with a copy of X5 will make you a quick video of the setup.  I could show you in X6 but that may or may not be helpful.

In Houston, TX, we have to show all plan views and elevations to scale. Site plan should be to scale too (engineering scale). Details do not have to be to scale. Kirby, if you like, I could assist you online via Skype or Team Viewer. If so, then send me an email at my address below and please provide a contact phone number. I do have X5.

• Upvote 1