• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TitanRES
    Newest Member
    TitanRES

• By StructEng58
      Hello All, 

I am working on a project, which its an addition to a service garage with an apartment above. The problem that I am having is that I need a new wall against an existing in order not to see a hole in the area of the existing wall. As you can see in the image of the second floor plan below where I circled it is where I need to add another wall. 

As you can see from my front elevation. I have a hole in the area where there is no wall. 

I have attached a back-up of plan to this email for reference also. I am open to other suggestions on how to fix this issue. 

Thank you in advance for the help. 

Chris 
      RB Garage.zip
    • By Designer100
      Does anyone know ho fix issues I have on this commercial remodeling addition?
      1) Windows and bar cabinets are not against the wall!
      2) wall is not showing on full camera looking back toward where it attaches to the existing building. Wall existing is brick on inside, unless I decide to cover it with gypsum bd!
      3) I have a 10 ft. plate with 9 ft dropped ceiling 2 ft x 4 ft acoustic tile in new addition.

x12 

Newell Cheatham 
    • By KirkHodgson
      I'm looking to make my retaing wall larger than the terrain heights.
      In the instructions in this page, https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00652/changing-the-height-of-a-retaining-wall.html
      I did all the steps, but the last point. In section/elevation, when I try to click the retaining walls, nothing happens. I don't get boxes or any selection at all.
      What is happening that I can't make this selection?
      I want to make my wall 6" above the grade/terrain elevation, and I want to drop the foundation of the wall by 24". How do I do this?

Please assist.
      Thank you.

• By MRMChief
      Happy Holidays everyone.

I have a plan where I have a few places I need an exterior wall above a roof section, but a railing, or in one case, no wall below.  Is there a way to do this in Chief Architect X11?  The one opening in my screen shot shows some exterior molding, but no wall.  On the one that has the railing below it, I tried the lower wall type if split by roof, but I couldn't get it to show as a wall above and a railing below.  It was either only a railing or all wall.

I am on a macbook pro..

Thanks,

Michael