Doorway Flooring Issue

Larry_Sweeney

Is this a BUG or a setting problem? What our my options? I'm guessing as a work around I could lay a p-solid in the doorway and give it the oak material to fill the gap. Is this the best solution? I just want to make sure I'm not just doing something wrong to get this result. Thank you.

DOORWAY OPENING.JPG

I made the opening using a doorway and added a pass-through on each side then mulled them together. I just realized that by unmulling the three items the problem cleared up. I'll have to look at the opening a little closer to see if I have any other problems not having them mulled. I just assumed they would have to be mulled together to look correct. I have my units set up for zero separation and no frames or casing.

• 2 years later...
On 1/25/2018 at 10:32 AM, JJohnson said:

Why use a doorway at all ?  Just break the low wall and pull it back to create opening.

I guess I could do that. I already thought of that but I end up with no jamb and casing. I HATE trying to work with molding Polylines and Molding Lines. they are annoying to me.  I really was hoping there was a way to do this and the trim casing is automatic.

On 1/25/2018 at 11:39 AM, Alaskan_Son said:

Nice illustration Eric.

How do I get the casing to be added to the rest of the opening? I need one side all the way to the floor and the other side to land on the counter at half-wall height