2D Block Issue

wjmdes

With all the great help on this forum I have started building parts for a commercial job I am working on.  I created the 2D Block and added it to the symbol and it changed my dashed lines to solid.  Is there anyway around this.  The dashed lines are for a wall below so it is kind of important in plan view.  The whole piece is a prefab so would like to keep it that way.  I could just model the top part and put a kneewall under, but that defeats the purpose.

5a69ffb5de7b9_2dBLOCKTEST.thumb.JPG.f1533ea66b7d907f76d91da7966cbb92.JPG

60 Prefab Wall with Cap.plan

Bill, I think you can get what you want if you take the time to cad block individual cad line segments rather than using a line style.

2D cad blocks still need a lot of improvements but that should work for what you need for now.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

block individual cad line segments rather than using a line style.

This^^^^ is what I would recommend as well if you really need or want to use a symbol and its CAD block, but there are at least a couple other options...

1. Just use your original primitives, set their line styles appropriately, and block them (Architectural Block).
  2. Explode your custom CAD block, and while all items are still selected, convert to molding polyline and re-block (Architectural Block).  Select your already created custom symbol and block that as well, open the block, and uncheck Display Sub Objects.  Now place the 2 on top of each other and block them.  NOTE:  There are a couple other methods of getting the symbol's lines not to display as well, but I think the above is the quickest, easiest, and least likely to cause problems with layers and other views.

5a6a15819855f_2options.thumb.jpg.e9e6d331cfa265b278e813fe753bf8e7.jpg

60 Prefab Wall with Cap (modified).plan

24 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

This^^^^ is what I would recommend as well if you really need or want to use a symbol and its CAD block, but there are at least a couple other options...

That worked well, however, I like the way your turned out with the narrower line weight for the ashed line.  I will try to duplicate that process.

2d BLOCK TEST2.JPG