Dim Snapping Problem

ACADuser

Alan, I know that has been requested many times but it is still not an option as far as I know unless you include the sheeting in your main layer or put a little cad line there to snap to or apply your siding as a wall material region or some other crazy workaround.

My apologies Alan as I did not download your plan file because I am almost out of internet for the month, but if your Dimension Defaults are set to the Wall Dimension Layer it should be working for you the way your wall def is set up.

Your Auto Exterior Dimension Defaults are indeed over riding the Wall Definition settings as Eric mentioned.... turn on Auto Refresh before changing the setting..... some of you annotations set defaults , like 1/2 Scale are also set to Surfaces , so it looks like you will need to adjust some of the manual dimensions as they snapped to the stucco too.

it would help when you zip a plan Alan if you saved the plan in the Annotation set you used in the pic and perhaps leave a Text arrow with RED text or something in the plan to help us find it again , especially on a house 70'x56' , it's like a needle in a haystack.....

Thanks Eric

Yes Mick, I'll be more specific next time but in this case, I thought there were many locations with that problem.

You could erase the dimensions and regenerate them to see the same problem.

I think the problem stems from a template file not set correctly. I'll find that one & fix it to prevent future problems.

Thanks

Your pic shows one dim snapped to the stucco and the other to the sheathing ..... I could not find that situation , and the plan was in a framing Annotation when I opened it with no Dims showing , making it hard to know what view you were using....

just saying " help us , help you " ...time is money for us all....

M.

6.JPG

5.JPG