Has anyone used VR (i.e. oculus rift) with X10 beta?

Oakriverman

Well, I wouldn't say that no one will actually use it, it is still too early to make those predictions.  And which users have had an Oculus Rift headset at home aside from those that are into gaming?  If it helps me to get my customers excited about my process I'll drop the $400 on a headset...

6 minutes ago, Oakriverman said:

Well, I wouldn't say that no one will actually use it, it is still too early to make those predictions.  And which users have had an Oculus Rift headset at home aside from those that are into gaming?  If it helps me to get my customers excited about my process I'll drop the $400 on a headset...

I didn't say no one will use it, it would be quite nice for trade shows, I just think most won't.

up until recently O.Rift and the Vive were just too expensive for most  ie $1200 locally + taxes , they have dropped considerably in the last 6 months with Microsoft's implementation of "Windows Mixed Reality"  and the release of all the new Heads available now eg from HP ,Samsung, Acer,Dell and Lenovo....

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/collections/vrandmixedrealityheadsets

• 3 weeks later...

CA is only compatible with O. Rift and Vive.  I bought the O. Rift and, to be honest, was hoping for a better experience.  It was a bit too shaky so I called tech support and the guy told be to move the sensors around.  That did make it work better, but the overall quality is still less than what I would like my customers to see.  It may be an issue on my end to be fair. 

One cool thing about it is that you are actually moving in the model.  The downside to that is that you would need a wireless headset and a huge room to really use it.  I was hoping that you could use the controllers to walk through similar to the viewer app controls.  

All-in-all looking forward to how it works with the full release of X10 and definitely excited about the future of this feature.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the HTC Vive every day when doing design.  The new feature of CA to let you do VR needs a lot of work. It is super choppy and the mobility in the model is limited.  It is new and I'm sure they will fix it over time.  For now, I still export the model and use a different viewer.

Kim

www.prima-construction.com