Truss Base Question

ACADuser

16 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

I have done parallel trusses before in a piggy back situation but it required a temporary ceiling plane to retain the auto built trusses.  Not sure I have time for the plan file today but I think it could be done.

Funny, I was actually just thinking that might be a possible solution and was planning on testing it out when I got back to the office.  It seems that it may only work if you at least temporarily remove one of the roof planes or put it onto a different floor.  

Yes in the same position that the truss base would normally be used and you may have to lock the lower trusses and pull the ceiling plane in and out as you work with the upper and lower roof structures by Transforming and Replicating it into the back yard.

18 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

There is a bug in the system that trusses will not build over other framing, been there a long time but not sure if that's your problem

Unfortunately this bug actually got a little worse in X10.  I’m really hoping they get this sorted before final X10 release.  

• Upvote 1

I did not realize or forgot (more likely)  that you can edit the truss profile in a Section view by dragging the envelope of the truss once selected.

In plan view you still need to drag the ends of the truss into position, lock truss & M-copy.

That did what I needed.

CA Truss Envelope.JPG

• Upvote 1

Just tested out the extra ceiling plane method and that DOES work.  Its a little tricky though as you have to  lock your original trusses (no special snapping and lock truss envelope), draw the ceiling plane, and temporarily change your ceiling settings.  Not a bad method though.  Could be faster than modifying the truss profiles depending on how complicated the roof is and how many truss profiles you have to deal with.