Duplicate Layout Page

Spectrum-Design

Is there a way to duplicate a layout page?  It would be much easier than copying and pasting everything on a page to a new one over and over.

For instance - I have two plan files, one for concept A and one for concept B.  I'd like to be able to copy the 5 layout pages showing concept A and duplicate them so that I can then just change all the views to concept B

• Upvote 1

I use one template plan b/c I too had several for different condition but it got to much to change all of them to keep them up to date. One generic template is good for me and remember you can add anything off the page and drag it on when you need it. That way you have what you need to work more efficient. Anything off the page won't print.

7 hours ago, Spectrum-Design said:

Is there a way to duplicate a layout page?  It would be much easier than copying and pasting everything on a page to a new one over and over.

For instance - I have two plan files, one for concept A and one for concept B.  I'd like to be able to copy the 5 layout pages showing concept A and duplicate them so that I can then just change all the views to concept B

I understand the desire for a quicker method, but you should be able to make pretty stinkin' quick work of this by inserting 5 pages using either Insert Page Before or Insert Page After.  Then, using your Project Browser, go to Page 1, Control+A (Select All), Control+C (Copy), switch to Page 6, Control+Alt+V (Paste Hold Position), and repeat for pages 2-5 and 7-10.  I just tested this method out on 5 layout pages and it took just over a minute. Oh ya, I guess I forgot you also need to relink all the appropriate views so maybe another minute or 2 doing that, but that part would be necessary anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I understand the desire for a quicker method, but you should be able to make pretty stinkin' quick work of this by inserting 5 pages using either Insert Page Before or Insert Page After.  Then, using your Project Browser, go to Page 1, Control+A (Select All), Control+C (Copy), switch to Page 6, Control+Alt+V (Paste Hold Position), and repeat for pages 2-5 and 7-10.  I just tested this method out on 5 layout pages and it took just over a minute. Oh ya, I guess I forgot you also need to relink all the appropriate views so maybe another minute or 2 doing that, but that part would be necessary anyway. 

I think you understand it correctly,  the slow down is linking the views to a new plan file.

On 1/24/2018 at 7:38 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

This is what I've typically done.  I may end up using 2 layout file more often.  It is much easier to just change the referenced plan file than it is to relink all the views.

Thanks for the input guys!