No1ZZTopfan

Hanging Cabinet Door w/Rollers & Track Bar

Until the suggestion for one is added to an upgrade or next version of CA I decided to make a crude close facsimile of one. Attached are two hardware fixtures for you to use, modify, improve, etc. I have also attached and example that I made on the front of an entertainment center. Three wall cabinets were used on top of three regular base cabinets. On each wall cabinet, open the specification settings, go to Front/Sides/Back and modify #1 Separation from 3/4" to 4". That gives enough space for above and below for the roller. Position the bar in the center of this spacing. Guide Bar is 2" x 7/16". I did not add mounting brackets so it would allow for stretching and not cause issues. Hope you like.

Cabinet Roller Guide Bar.calibz

Cabinet Roller.calibz

example 2.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Jacobs365
    Newest Member
    Jacobs365

• By Night8917
      Hi Guys and Girls.

I've been away form this forum for a long time, maybe some of you still remember me.
      I had another job for a few year and I didn't have time to be here, how ever Covid struck and I lost the other job.
      So to make some extra money I will offer my symbols for sale and also take custom symbol orders, if you want something special I make it for you.

You can see a few of my symbols, old and new on my facebook page.
      https://www.facebook.com/LAN-Web-Atelier-1026690994013108

If you like what you see send me a PM or an E-mail.

Best regards
      Anders Niemi

• By goshgolly
      I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't find anything specific that answers this question.

I'm trying to create a simple vanity with two drawers and an open shelf underneath (see inspiration image of "vanity").  I simply can't figure out a way/remember how to add a shelf other than by using the shelf command. While this works visually, it treats it as a separate part of the vanity, thereby creating two separate pieces.  In the Working Plan and Kitchen and Bath View plans, the shelf shows up on top of the sink while the 3d view shows the shelf in the correct place!  I guess maybe it's, in part, a layers thing?

I know there has to be a better way of doing this.  What am I missing/forgetting?

• By stevenyhof
      I have downloaded the three garage door catalogs from the Library, and non of them have a standard wide paneled garage door. They also do not have a wide paneled 8' high door (5 panels high)

What they have is 5 panel high flush doors - so this can be stretched - cool
      But there are no standard paneled, wide (16' and 18') 4 or 5 high garage doors.
      Does someone have access to such doors? 

The long panel door comes in both 4 panel wide and 2 panel wide - very good.
      The door with the 4 panels across come should also come with 8 panels for wider doors.

Am I missing it somewhere? It's like the most common door used from Menards and Lowes. Starter doors.
      Thank you

• By elijahkay
      Is there a currently available way to apply a separate color and line type to the swing of the Swinging Door object?
    • By kylejmarsh
      Here's the door I need to specify, an Andersen A-Series with three panels:

Here are the options that chief gives me for a hinged patio door:

Should I just write a note on the drawing that says 'my software can't make a door like that...'  I'm embarrassed to admit this to Kevin, a fellow local designer who is thinking of moving to CA or a similar program, because I always talk up how great Chief is but then there's stuff like this.

What do experienced Cheefers do?