Unable to delete detached room

Jeff_Skinner

Hi,

I am unable to delete the room shown in the attached jpg.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm perplexed and feel like this might be a bug related to upgrading from X1.   All walls have been deleted and there are no visible indications that a room exists in plan view (unless I click in the area of the room).  However, when rendering it shows up.  I can modify room properties, add and delete items from the room.  I just can't seem to make the room disappear.  Am I missing something?  Thanks...

Unable to delete .jpg

unable to delete plan view.jpg

I am not familiar with bringing X1 plan files forward but others have suggested that sometimes bringing things forward a version or two at a time can work better.  Post the plan file and maybe someone more experienced can take a look for you.

1 hour ago, Jeff_Skinner said:

Thanks.  Are you able to resend the file to me?  I can't seem to duplicate this process. 

It looks like Eric was able to reach the same result but it was much easier for me using X9.  I just selected and deleted the four roof planes and the four walls from the All On Layer Set in Plan View.  Simple enough that I figured that you would not need the plan file but now there is more of a mystery.

Your walls are on the second floor and are on the "Garage" layer which is turned off in your "All On" layer set.  Go to the second floor, turn on this layer, then you can select and delete the garage walls.

You have some other layers turned off in your "All On" layer set that you might want to turn on. 

You also have a missing symbol in your electrical defaults that you may want to reassign.

I did not look for any other issues but I would recommend that you go through and review your other defaults (especially your room and floor defaults), purge unused cad blocks, delete unused cad details, get rid of saved cameras you don't need, and such.