Dormer exterior wall gap question

Larry_Sweeney

In the attachment walls "A" have "No Definition" and are on a separate layer so I can turn them off in plan view later. Everything looks good from the inside of the dormer, but I'm getting the gaps on the exterior walls of the dormers (attachment 2). Since I have the same problem on each side to both dormers it must be something I'm doing wrong. I've tried many things in the process of trying to correct the problem, but it's now time I go for other advice before I do or say something I shouldn't. I just got out of the hospital for a heart attack so I don't need the aggravation. As always, any and all help is much appreciated. Thank you

DORMERS.JPG

DORMER FLOORPLAN.JPG

Strongly As Built A.zip

it is your Roof Holes causing it by the look Larry , I made the one on the right rectangular and it fixed it .....

you can see in the 1st Pic, the left Roof hole notches into the wall so is still broken in the 2nd pic the RH Dormer is good again ....

5.JPG

6.JPG

9 minutes ago, solver said:

Does it look the same on the inside? That wall A is Roof Cuts Wall at Bottom.

I didn't check actually .... plan plan keeps having micro pauses here , not sure if my computer or the plan....

there are 4 wall A's though.... not sure what the Hip wall designation does ? seen any documentation?

Strongly As Built A.zip

Here is the zip. file. I'm thinking when I sent it the first time it was still open in CA. I am using X10 Beta.

Eric.... Wall "A" is Roof Cuts Wall at bottom

Mick.... I'm not getting the same results that you are. I must be misunderstanding what you are trying to explain. Still working on your advice.

2 minutes ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

Strongly As Built A.zip

Here is the zip. file. I'm thinking when I sent it the first time it was still open in CA. I am using X10 Beta.

Eric.... Wall "A" is Roof Cuts Wall at bottom

Mick.... I'm not getting the same results that you are. I must be misunderstanding what you are trying to explain. Still working on your advice.

You 1st file was okay I opened it , I simply selected the Roof hole and made it rectangular , it snapped to the inside of the Dormer Room, but may have destroyed the "Inside look" judging from Eric's comment....

M.