[SOLVED] Slow Library access X9 and now X10

VisualDandD

Oh wow, good news I guess though...... 

Out of curiosity , are any of the Folders in Preferences>folders referencing the DVD Drive ?

Not sure why the library would immediately begin to enumerate other Drives when looking in the Library , rather than looking in the standard locations for files 1st, ( too aggressive pre-fetch? )  but I think it would be worth Reporting to T.S. , if nothing else to update their Database for future Users who call in, as a possible cause.

M.

4 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Oh wow, good news I guess though...... 

Out of curiosity , are any of the Folders in Preferences>folders referencing the DVD Drive ?

Not sure why the library would immediately begin to enumerate other Drives when looking in the Library , rather than looking in the standard locations for files 1st, ( too aggressive pre-fetch? )  but I think it would be worth Reporting to T.S. , if nothing else to update their Database for future Users who call in, as a possible cause.

M.

Nope....nothing in chief tied to any other drives (other than C).   That was weird to me too!   Yea....who would have guess this.....  The crazy stupid thing is how long I have been living with this! :D

Again, I appreciate your guys help.   Just the suggestions kept me going down the trail to figure it out.   X10 here I come.   Next on the spring cleaning is a brand new annoset/layerset that I have had in mind.   My SAM goes back 3 years!!!!   About time I did a good template ;D

9 minutes ago, VisualDandD said:

Nope....nothing in chief tied to any other drives (other than C).   That was weird to me too!   Yea....who would have guess this.....  The crazy stupid thing is how long I have been living with this! :D

Again, I appreciate your guys help.   Just the suggestions kept me going down the trail to figure it out.   X10 here I come.   Next on the spring cleaning is a brand new annoset/layerset that I have had in mind.   My SAM goes back 3 years!!!!   About time I did a good template ;D

You and me Both, I am thinking it is time for a Clean install too,  that is why I started this thread to try and get more info 1st :

1 hour ago, cv2702 said:

Glad you're out of trouble, but I just can't wrap my head around a DVD read retry affecting only the perusal of 3 CA library folders and nothing else.

Yep....that was definitely it.   Been struggling with it for sometime.  Never put 2 and 2 together!   It just does not make any sense.

On the plus side, it is like having a new computer.  Spending today tweaking my fresh install.  I probably would not have to done it but I am past that point, so I might as well make the best of it.

With Win10, it is actually pretty easy.   It has a "refresh" function where it reloads the OS but leaves all your files intact.

I used a separate data drive and for years, when I install anything, I save the install file to a folder in there.   Makes reloading simple.   Just ticking off the list.