Any way to reload core library?

VisualDandD

I finally am making the jump over to X10 and noticed I had the same issue with my main core library, and materials.   There is a significant lag when I open for first time.  Sometimes with the material painter for example it will take 30-45 sec before I can expand down directory trees.

When I experienced the issue with X10 I figure it is time to do something about it.  Thinking something about my core lib is messed up and jut migrating over to X10 and same issue, leads me to believe it is the case.

I am not ready to plunge into X10 yet,  so wondering if there is a way to relaod core on X9?    Or if that does not work, I can delete X10 and then re-install, and dont allow it to carry the X9 Lib over?.... That would mean I would have to start using X10 though, which I am not sure I am ready until I wrap up a few more projects.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I just re-installed X10 and did not carry over library.   Sure enough, when I loaded a model, and opened a 3d view to hit material painter, it took 45 seconds to open when I selected Chief "core" catalog.    It is installed on a SSID.   Anybody else experience slow library like this.   Happens in both X9 and now X10. 

I was living with it before, but figured it was time to start hunting down the fix.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.   

BTW.... I tried the install content, it said "library up to date".

I am not so much worried about fixing X9.   Now I have to figure out why my lib is running so slow in general.   I have a little downtime this weekend to play around with it.   But have been too busy to stop and try to track issue down.

Weird thing is it was slow in the new install of X10 with NEW lib installed.   I cant believe everyone's it that slow.   Again, worst is when I hit material painter for the first time from a 3d view.   After that it is not as bad.  (as if it has cashed some of the info...)

If anyone has experienced, I would love some insight.   I know I could always call tech support.   Just have not slowed down long enough to try to fix this.   If I can make any progress this weekend, that would be great.

Justin,  Your 30-45 seconds must seem like an eternity.  I migrated and updated my core library over into X10 and it seems to open almost instantly.  Curious what the problem might be.  Is your hardware getting outdated ?  Others have noted some slowness but not on your scale.  I have a small number of very large format high resolution materials in my User Material folder and it takes 10-15 seconds to open that but some of the materials in there are experimental and just one of them is enough to crash chief when applied.

You can re initialize X10 without having to delete and re-install by deleting or renaming your .ini file.  This will bring up the migration options again the next time chief is opened.  You can find the .ini file here : C:\Users\My PC\AppData\Roaming\Chief Architect Inc.

Labeled as Chief Architect Priemier X10.ini.  I would recommend the renaming procedure as that will allow you to go back if necessary.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

Justin,  Your 30-45 seconds must seem like an eternity.  I migrated and updated my core library over into X10 and it seems to open almost instantly.  Curious what the problem might be.  Is your hardware getting outdated ?  Others have noted some slowness but not on your scale.  I have a small number of very large format high resolution materials in my User Material folder and it takes 10-15 seconds to open that but some of the materials in there are experimental and just one of them is enough to crash chief when applied.

You can re initialize X10 without having to delete and re-install by deleting or renaming your .ini file.  This will bring up the migration options again the next time chief is opened.  You can find the .ini file here : C:\Users\My PC\AppData\Roaming\Chief Architect Inc.

Labeled as Chief Architect Priemier X10.ini.  I would recommend the renaming procedure as that will allow you to go back if necessary.

Wow.  Awesome help.   That will be a great tool in trying to figure this out.

I also was thinking of holding off on bringing all my annosets and custom tool bars over into X10 before I have a chance to see the new features.

The guys at chief usually have some things in mind with layout on new features like the save plan views.   Migrating over my settings might make seeing how they can work for me more difficult.

I spent too long before I adopted annosets.   Now, I could never live without.   I want to explore x10 before jumping in.   I am way overdue on updating my templates and cleaning up layersets...etc.   Been using SAM for so long I looked at my time log the other day and it goes back to 2014!

I'd say it is about time for a fresh start!!!

Thanks for the help!!!

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

Their is a KB Tutorial for re-installing the Core Manually :

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-02899/manually-installing-core-catalogs-for-chief-architect-premier.html

Are you sure you don't have a bad symbol in your User Library ? or is only the Core installed now?

M.

I was thinking that might be an issue.

Hardware is pretty decent.  I built it myself a few years back.

I74790K overclocked,  24g ram  gtx970 video card.  SSID for programs and a few conventional for backups and extra data....

Definitely time to get to bottom of it!   I'll let you guys know what I come up with.   I am excited to dive into X10, but have to keep my workflow going on the other end as well.   At least it will give me time for fully explore how I want to set it up.   

Thanks!