ray trace crashes

amaliya

6 hours ago, amaliya said:

why, no matter what you do, what resolution or size of the picture you make, the rendering constantly crashes? Anyone, has an insight on this? Would really appreciate it! Thanks!

I had a lot of problems with my old computer, so I gave it to my sister and bought a new one :-)

Is this the error you're getting Amaliya?

Ray tracing causes the CPU to get very hot , so it could be related to Heat especially on a Laptop as many are not well ventilated , try setting the number of Raytrace Cores in Preferences>Render to 1/2 the number it shows now as test and see if it helps , it will be slower obviously.....

19 hours ago, HomesByDesign said:

I had a lot of problems with my old computer, so I gave it to my sister and bought a new one :-)

Is this the error you're getting Amaliya?

1 minute ago, amaliya said:

yes, it stops and sends an error message

computer is new, everything is new and fast

4 hours ago, amaliya said:

yes, it stops and sends an error message

Please post the error message. If it's about not be able to run photon mapping then it means you do not have an light source anywhere in your scene. if you do not want photon mapping then just uncheck it and the Ray Trace should run.

6 hours ago, amaliya said:

computer is new, everything is new and fast

I did some digging and found the thread that solved my problem.  It turns out I was missing the DLL file and that corrected the problem.  Keep in mind this was a Chief Upgrade from X8 to X9 issue.  Take a look and see if it's similar you what your issue is Amaliya,,,,

R,

Looks like X9 needs the 2015 version of the C++ Redistributable installed  in the link above , I just had an issue with this earlier this week with the 2015 version with another Program , and if it won't install ( it sees a "newer" version ) check your installed Programs in Control Panel and see if the 2017 Version is installed , if so uninstall it , and then reinstall the 2015 Versions , you can then add the 2017 version back too , if needed.

3.thumb.JPG.642965b486e639b84cca84f4d759ae3b.JPG

The missing DLL was provided in a windows update KB2999226 which may not have been installed on your system or maybe failed to install.  If you run the Visual C++ Redistributable for 2015 found on the Microsoft website it should resolve your problem. 

Ignore the SURFACE ADVERTISING             2015 link....check both version to download    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

2017 X86          https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

2017 x64          https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x64.exe       

29 minutes ago, amaliya said:

I tried everything to fix it.

post screen shot of each page of ray trace settings, post the error message you were getting (as best you remember it) , post the plan with saved camera, post the plan (close it first), post computer specs -make model, CPU, GPU< desktop or laptop (it's new and fast tells us nothing)

37 minutes ago, amaliya said:

there is no error messages, just what the screen shoed

I suggested more than that. I might be able to help if you can manage the rest, if you can't manage that I can't do anything. Going to office now to finish work for my client instead.

Yes, your problem is that you have the DPI set at 5 Million. rt2.thumb.PNG.f84df7afdf5d274e5a103182e04b6cde.PNG

You would need a bank of quantum computers to run at that resolution. Try something like 300, max of 600 if you are patient. If I wanted something really nice and didn't want to spend days rendering I would use 300 dpi and double the size to 4096 by 2048. (could have had that answer 2 hours ago-always post the plan, always)

Graham- the kitchen adobe has an excellent thread on Ray trace he posted earlier late last year. Think its called "lets ray trace" You would do well to find it and read it.

Also I see you asking about Octane. You might want to experiment a little with the new Physically Based Rendering (PBR) in X10. It still has some quirks but once I got the hang of it I get better results faster (like instantly) than I get from my Ray Traces, granted I'm struggle with RTs.

• Upvote 3

Mark maybe right I noticed the DPI at 5 millon too.....  72 is the default I usually use 110.....  

If you use a size of 1280 x720 it will render Faster too and still fill most computer monitors well.

Your computer will run cooler too if you disable Ray Traced Sun Shadows in the camera views and use an Ambient Occlusion of 50% instead. I don't use Bloom either , just my preference.

M.

Typically the DPI setting has no effect if the window size is specified in pixels. It usually only comes into play when you specify the width & height in inches or cm, then the DPI setting is used to determine how many pixels need to be run. To eliminate the confusion with DPI CA should blank this out when one defines the Ray Trace window in pixels.

I think there is something else going on in Amaliya's plan or settings that's creating the problem. Posting the actual plan would likely get this resolved very quickly.

31 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Typically the DPI setting has no effect if the window size is specified in pixels. It usually only comes into play when you specify the width & height in inches or cm, then the DPI setting is used to determine how many pixels need to be run. To eliminate the confusion with DPI CA should blank this out when one defines the Ray Trace window in pixels.

I think there is something else going on in Amaliya's plan or settings that's creating the problem. Posting the actual plan would likely get this resolved very quickly.

Yes, always good to post the plan if you can.....( close it in Chief 1st , especially if zipping it to get below 25mb.)

it would be a good idea to fill out your system specs in you Forum Signature as most of us do as the version used and the hardware sometimes make a difference to the answers , see my sig. for how to fill out yours in Blue....

17 minutes ago, pete4638 said:

I am using X10 Beta. It does take a few minutes for it to complete the first pass and start displaying the image, but it is working just as well as it did in X9.

X10 Raytrace 1.jpg

Hi Pete , looks good but I don't think you have a 2nd floor or Roof on you house? I think I see light bleed around the ceiling?

also ......it would be a good idea to fill out your system specs in you Forum Signature as most of us do as the version used and the hardware sometimes make a difference to the answers you may need, see my sig. for how to fill out yours in Blue....

Thanks! I have done 5 megapixels before and had great results. I figured out. Needed to update all the drives and the video card. It's working fine now. here 's the result. I don't like photos with much luminance noise. So, I try to make them higher resolution, even though it takes longer, then fix them in photoshop express.

kitchen3_edited.jpg