Chief Architect 3D viewer

Vizplan

Hi

When my customer open my drawing in Chief Architect 3D Viewer he cant see the textures in 3D view. The 3D view of the building a shared is just white and flat. The textures in the drawing is imported from the web and made as custom materials. I think thats the problem and the 3d Viewer cant find these textures. Do anyone know if there is a simple solution to this? 

Hi and sorry for late reply. Thank you for your help. My customer still have the same problem after toggling the textures so i sent him a folder With the textures i used in the drawing to see if this solves the problem. I'm now waiting on reply from him.

That might work if the textures are in the same folder.   You can send a complete file by selecting "Backup Entire Plan" and use the option "Backup Plan Files and All Referenced Files"  this will include all your plan textures.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00987/using-the-backup-entire-plan-tool.html

Also might reduce the confusion if you edited the title of the thread and exchanged "3D" for "Client" Viewer.

On 1/18/2018 at 2:59 PM, Vizplan said:

Hi

When my customer open my drawing in Chief Architect 3D Viewer he cant see the textures in 3D view. The 3D view of the building a shared is just white and flat. The textures in the drawing is imported from the web and made as custom materials. I think thats the problem and the 3d Viewer cant find these textures. Do anyone know if there is a simple solution to this? 

If you really are using Chief Architect 3D Viewer, under Render Quality there is an option to toggle from LD (low definition) to HD (high definition). Models automatically load in LD and LD does not show textures, just flat planes. Have your client toggle to HD and he will see the textures.

5a6748224f5e2_3dviewer.thumb.png.00b9194dad21a7f61f65dc963d28f92b.png

• 2 years later...
On 1/23/2018 at 9:36 AM, Chrisb222 said:

If you really are using Chief Architect 3D Viewer, under Render Quality there is an option to toggle from LD (low definition) to HD (high definition). Models automatically load in LD and LD does not show textures, just flat planes. Have your client toggle to HD and he will see the textures.

5a6748224f5e2_3dviewer.thumb.png.00b9194dad21a7f61f65dc963d28f92b.png

I don't ever remember seeing an HD option, here's what shows on my viewer:2140007744_Chief3DViewerrenderingoptions.thumb.JPG.19402998fc6fbdfdffecf8846e6815cf.JPG

21 hours ago, ericepv said:

I don't ever remember seeing an HD option, here's what shows on my viewer:2140007744_Chief3DViewerrenderingoptions.thumb.JPG.19402998fc6fbdfdffecf8846e6815cf.JPG

Yeah, that's what mine shows now too. Must have changed the interface. Now it loads in Basic by default which does not show textures, while Standard does, and is a little higher quality. Still not "HD" though so that may be why they changed it...?